Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

2014 - 2021 Consolidated "F/J/C to/from Hawaii - questions & observations" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2021, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
The current thread is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2035859-2021-onwards-consolidated-f-j-c-hawaii-questions-observations-thread.html
Print Wikipost

2014 - 2021 Consolidated "F/J/C to/from Hawaii - questions & observations" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Cool 2014 - 2021 Consolidated "F/J/C to/from Hawaii - questions & observations" thread

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is currently the best business/first class service from the west coast to HI? Trying to plan for an anniversary that is coming and figure out the miles needed.

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
DL 76W from LAX (if it's still there), UA 764 from SFO, UA 772 from SFO or LAX, HA 332 from SEA, PDX, SFO, OAK, LAX, SAN, or LAS (did I miss any?), probably in that order. Out of any HA city other than SFO or LAX, I'd personally go with HA to avoid connecting (except that I'd actually be on AS because I care more about a decent FFP than a better seat).
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by WrightHI
DL 76W from LAX (if it's still there), UA 764 from SFO, UA 772 from SFO or LAX, HA 332 from SEA, PDX, SFO, OAK, LAX, SAN, or LAS (did I miss any?), probably in that order. Out of any HA city other than SFO or LAX, I'd personally go with HA to avoid connecting (except that I'd actually be on AS because I care more about a decent FFP than a better seat).
AA's 763s out of DFW and seasonally out of LAX are towards the top of your list there.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by muswei
Does anyone have any thoughts on what is currently the best business/first class service from the west coast to HI? Trying to plan for an anniversary that is coming and figure out the miles needed.

Thanks
I've flown in F from the West Coast on United, Hawaiian, American, Alaska and Aloha (RIP). I think they'll all pretty close in terms of the seat and service. I'd focus on the convenience of the flight schedules and price. Last I checked, Hawaiian was offering F at reasonable prices.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
AA's 763s out of DFW and seasonally out of LAX are towards the top of your list there.
Not after Dougie took the axe to pmAA catering.

Originally Posted by dhuey
I've flown in F from the West Coast on United, Hawaiian, American, Alaska and Aloha (RIP). I think they'll all pretty close in terms of the seat and service. I'd focus on the convenience of the flight schedules and price. Last I checked, Hawaiian was offering F at reasonable prices.
Yeah, Aloha was great. I'd check Delta since many of their LAX-Hawaii cabins are international BE seats, much better than any of the above except United's three class 764 from SFO. On DL, you'll get an edible meal. UA? Not so much.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Yeah, Aloha was great.
Many years ago they had a credit card bonus offer of a free companion ticket; F was eligible. My wife and I got the card, we bought reasonably-priced F tickets and got our daughters F seats for free. Our family of four took over 1/3 of the F cabin. Fond memories.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dhuey
Many years ago they had a credit card bonus offer of a free companion ticket; F was eligible. My wife and I got the card, we bought reasonably-priced F tickets and got our daughters F seats for free. Our family of four took over 1/3 of the F cabin. Fond memories.
Now you're getting me all weepy. We lived on the Big Island at the time and they sure went all in at the beginning... with Alan Wong signature dishes. OMG, it was great.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
And I fondly remember when Aloha was flying nonstop between Burbank and Honolulu with the B737-700. Nice service and very convenient. An old pilot friend flew this route for Aloha and actually upgraded me one fine day from BUR to HNL.

Last edited by jlemon; Oct 1, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Now you're getting me all weepy. We lived on the Big Island at the time and they sure went all in at the beginning... with Alan Wong signature dishes. OMG, it was great.
This is neither here nor there, but on the outbound Aloha flight, we could faintly hear a child scream before takeoff, and after takeoff, and almost nonstop for the whole flight. A FA told us that it was a 2 or 3 year old boy seated in the back of coach, and his parents seemed unable or unwilling to do anything about it. We were particularly grateful to be in F on that flight.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: VA Gold, BA Silver
Can anyone confirm whether the Air Canada 767-300 from YYC to OGG is full, lie flat, international business class?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Can anyone confirm whether the Air Canada 767-300 from YYC to OGG is full, lie flat, international business class?
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...7-300erxm.html
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:30 am

Which F is Better

For those of you who have flown both Hawaiian and Alaska F product, which do you prefer and why?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
Originally Posted by 747FC
For those of you who have flown both Hawaiian and Alaska F product, which do you prefer and why?
The week after Labor Day 2014 I flew both Hawaiian and Alaska F OAK-OGG, HA on the outbound and AS on the return segment. I was able to book two 75k F awards using AAdvantage miles directly on aa.com. The HA 767 was significantly more comfortable with lightyears more seat pitch than the AS 738. The AS 738 F legroom was comically nonexistent and a MCE seat on AA would probably have more room; that being said, the seat was plenty wide and since the flight was from Hawaii to the mainland with favorable winds it was less than 4 hours in duration, so at these mileage redemption rates who can complain. Note that I am 6'4"/ 1.93 m in height.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Rock Harders
The week after Labor Day 2014 I flew both Hawaiian and Alaska F OAK-OGG, HA on the outbound and AS on the return segment.
Thank you. That is what I was guessing.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
Just did LAX KOA on Delta and KOA SEA on AS in First. In my option the Delta product in regards to leg room and inflight is a much better product than AS offers.

Safe Travels.

Last edited by JA610; Dec 16, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.