Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

HNL: K-1 (fiancée) Visa queue wait and processing times at noon on Thursday?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:24 am
Original Poster

I know immigration lines vary a lot by time and sometimes by day of the week, and also at some locations by whether a resident, visitor, or immigrant.

My fiancée will have 1h 55m between flights, if we choose this route for her. She has to go through whatever it is they have K-1 visa holders do during this time and get to her next flight to the mainland.

I've heard that often the wait time for K-1 in HNL is very quick, but there's also a lot of walking to do there, apparently.

The risk is an overnight stay in HNL if the process takes too long. Not horrible, but expensive for me and especially difficult for her being her first day in the USA.

Alternatively I may have her fly PR to SFO - Pros: nonstop flight. Drawbacks: I may not be able to greet her at the gate; a 2 hour drive to SFO whereas the Hawaiian flight gets her right to SMF. The drive would be nice if it were daylight, but it won't be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.