Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Ohana Waikiki West vs Ambassador Hotel

Old Feb 1, 12, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

We are looking to stay in Waikiki for 2 nights of our 9 night trip coming up, and we are looking for a budget/yet decent hotel to stay in. Our main priorities are that it is fairly close to the beach, close to eating joints, and in a decent area.

I am looking at either the Ohana Waikiki West or Ambassador. I have found them to be very comparable price wise. Anybody been to both, or either, and have a suggestion? I like the fact that the Ohana has a Dennys and Chilis on site and is close to international market place.

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 12, 4:08 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
Ohana Waikiki West is the best of the two
Ambassador is further north
OWW is 1.25 blocks from Waikiki Beach and across the street from the back side of the International Market place
A small grocery store ( market pantry) and plenty of ABC Stores surround you.
I like Ohana East too
Old Feb 2, 12, 12:39 pm

Staff at the Ambassador is tough to beat but location is a bit further off the beaten path. If you are looking for a good priced place where you will be well taken care of make sure to check it out, but if you are looking to be in the middle of the action I would say try to get a bit farther down.

Search this Thread