Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Suggestion for Post-Wedding Meal in Waikiki/Honolulu

Old Sep 21, 11, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass

Getting married on Oahu next June (very excited). It'll be a small wedding with about 12 of us total.

We're not having a formal reception after the wedding, but rather we would go out of a meal afterwards. Never been to Hawaii before so looking for some suggestions from those familiar with the area. Here's the details:

We are staying in Waikiki (Outrigger Reef) so something within walking distance would be ideal, although a short cab ride is also doable.

Ideally, we'd like to find a place that would offer some kind of private area for our party, so that we wont have to worry about disturbing other diners.

As for food choice, we are pretty flexible, but probably seafood/steak would be easiest, to make sure everyone's tastes are accommodated.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, how far in advance do you think I would need to make arrangements.

Thanks
Old Sep 21, 11, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
IMO, the Ocean House Restaurant in your hotel would be a lovely place for a post-wedding meal, especially if you can get them to block off a few beachside tables.

Here is a picture I took at sunset while sitting at my table.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 21, 11 at 6:31 pm
Old Sep 21, 11, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
You'd have to take a taxi but you could try The Willows. They have a nice buffet and you can get a private room there.
Old Sep 22, 11, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Roy's Waikiki. Roy's has a website but not for this particular restaurant, so I'm not sure if they have a private area, but all it takes is a phone call. I was there several months ago. We had a party of about 20 in a semi-private area. For folks who have never been to Hawaii, this is a perfect restaurant. It's walkable from your hotel, has steak and seafood options, beautiful surroundings.
Old Sep 22, 11, 10:43 am

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I've not been to the new Roy's but know the location and agree this would be a lovely spot. The Halekulani next door to the Outrigger has some lovely restaurants as well, but may not be able to provide the privacy sought.
Old Sep 22, 11, 1:38 pm

For reasons unclear to me, Roy's in Hawaii have a separate website.
http://www.royshawaii.com/waikiki.html
Old Sep 22, 11, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis View Post
Roy's Waikiki. For folks who have never been to Hawaii, this is a perfect restaurant. It's walkable from your hotel, has steak and seafood options, beautiful surroundings.
Roy's would be a great choice. As Nobu is also in the area, you could start there with a Champagne 95. And after dinner take the party to House Without a Key for Halekulani's coconut cake.

Alternately, outdoor seating at Orchids would also be very nice for the group.
Old Sep 23, 11, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, WN, DL, Hilton, Hyatt, SPG, Marriott, Priority Club
Originally Posted by ILuvParis View Post
Roy's Waikiki. Roy's has a website but not for this particular restaurant, so I'm not sure if they have a private area, but all it takes is a phone call. I was there several months ago. We had a party of about 20 in a semi-private area. For folks who have never been to Hawaii, this is a perfect restaurant. It's walkable from your hotel, has steak and seafood options, beautiful surroundings.
Roy's Waikiki is right across the street from your ORR hotel (corner of Kalia and Lewers) Food and service, as noted are excellent. Expensive.

Any venue at the Halekulani next door to your ORR would be excellent, but very expensive. Am sure the hotel could provide a venue for a private/semi private dinner for 12 somewhere.
Old Sep 24, 11, 5:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Let me add my suggestion for Roys but only of you can get a private room. The main dining room is noisy and you'll often find families eating in there (FYI, Roys is great with children. Once you sit, crayons and coloring paper is put on table and zippy cups provided). We often celebrate special events there.
Old Sep 26, 11, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1P, MR PE ++++
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
For reasons unclear to me, Roy's in Hawaii have a separate website.
http://www.royshawaii.com/waikiki.html
I believe the Hawaii locations are still owned by Roy and the company that owns Outback has the rights to franchise elsewhere following Roy's guidelines.
Old Sep 27, 11, 9:05 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i second the willows thing..totally different feel altogether...sry i don't dine in waikiki to much...i guess price range would help more

Search this Thread