Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Do you think this itnerary would work?? Please advise

Old May 7, 2011, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

We will be going to Oahu from Thursday to Sunday then to Maui (Sunday) and our flight is at 4 pm. Do you think it will be too rushed to cover all of this. What times should we go to the Poly Center. Will go to Pearl Harbor early, anybody know how much time it would take? Also will it be better to take the bus or taxi to PCC and Pearl Harbor. We are only renting a car for 1 day will be on Friday.

Friday: Driving to the North Shore
Saturday: Polynesian Culture Center
Sunday: Pearl Harbor

In Maui, we have 4 days so we will try the drive to Hana, maybe the haleakala sunrise drive and some snokeling.

Not sure if we can make it all the way to Hana since we were nervous driving in Sedona

We are 4 adults 2 in the twentys and 2 in the fifties.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!
Old May 9, 2011, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you are driving to the North Shore on Friday, you might see if you can squeeze the PCC the same day. Kahuku, where the PCC is, and the North Shore are not too far from each other but both are well North of Waikiki and town. It'd be an exhausting day but a good way to maximize time.

I you choose to do the PCC on Saturday, definitely rent a car to get there or use the PCC shuttle. I wouldn't recommend riding TheBus that late at night out in Kahuku solely because the frequency may have you waiting awhile.
Old May 9, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Don't do the Road to Hana if you were nervous driving in Sedona. I've done both and Sedona was a piece of cake. Cannot claim the same about the Road to Hana.

Of course, there's no reason to do the entire road. Once you've seen one waterfall, you've seen them all. So drive a few miles in, perhaps to the Arboretum and then turn around. Ho'okipa Park is a great place to stop and enjoy the surfers/windsurfers and it's on the road to Hana. Make reservations at Mama's Fish House for lunch. Expensive but delish. And it's on a beautiful beach so ask for a table with a view.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
The best part of the Polynesian Culture Center was the drive to the Polynesian Culture Center.

It's very commercialized and not worth wasting your time in Hawaii.
Old May 25, 2011, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Agree about the PCC... You only have limited time to enjoy the beauty and culture of Hawaii. I wouldn't spend it looking at a recreated version of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.