Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Chai's Island Bistro question

Chai's Island Bistro question

Old Apr 18, 2011, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Question Chai's Island Bistro (Honolulu) question

Has anyone been here recently who can answer a few basic questions about this Honolulu restaurant and entertainment venue that I can't figure out from the website? Am interested in going for the entertainment at least once on an upcoming trip to HNL but can't tell if one has to have dinner or whether there is a bar/lounge etc. I will be traveling solo and may need to plan at the last minute and wanted to know if I can just pop in and sit or sit and eat at the bar.

Mahalo!

Last edited by mstraveler; Apr 19, 2011 at 7:52 am Reason: clarity of location
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by mstraveler
Has anyone been here recently who can answer a few basic questions about this Honolulu restaurant and entertainment venue that I can't figure out from the website? Am interested in going for the entertainment at least once on an upcoming trip to HNL but can't tell if one has to have dinner or whether there is a bar/lounge etc. I will be traveling solo and may need to plan at the last minute and wanted to know if I can just pop in and sit or sit and eat at the bar.

Mahalo!
You might want to shoot a PM to philmer who loves this place.

PS: Bring your AAA card to save 10% here.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I'm 99% sure they don't have a bar. If they did you could listen to great entertainment for the cost of a beer or mai tai. They can't make any money that way.

Their website used to have a $25 off coupon for certain nights of the week. See www.chaisislandbistro.com

Last edited by philemer; Apr 20, 2011 at 3:28 pm
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by philemer
I'm 99% sure they don't have a bar. If they did you could listen to great entertainment for the cost of a beer or mai tai. They can't make any money that way.

Their website used to have a $25 off coupon for certain nights of the week. See www.chaisislandbistro.com

Thanks philemer. This wasn't about cost savings but flexibility. Wasn't actually thinking of trying not to eat or not support the venue. More that having dinner at the bar as a last minute option might work better for all than for me to be reserving a table for 1 (that would undoubtedly hold more diners) which I might need to cancel. Will work it out but it helps to know the options. They have a great musical line up and the food looks very good too!
Old May 14, 2011, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

I can answer my own question now and will post it for future visitors. Great place. Open air restaurant with outdoor patio AND a bar that can seat ~12. Pricey, but the entertainment is top notch and the food is very good and decently portioned. Enjoyed being there and seeing Nathan Aweau, and would not hesitate to stop in at the bar if that is what I had time for. Parking, at least on Friday, was relegated to a garage across the street. What is available on site seems to fill up quickly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.