Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

First time in HI - 7 days

First time in HI - 7 days

Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A
Wow, thanks for all the great info, It seems that one visit is in no way enough to see a fraction of what there is to see!
In the end they decided on the Big Island. They all sound great, but it seems that this is the most diverse, and again lack of nightlife is only a plus.
They are staying in an RCI resort, I'm sorry, I don't know which one.
Obviously the islands pretty big, but what are the don't miss things there? What's the best way to get to see some lava. Obviously it's never guaranteed, but is a private tour a worthwhile investment?

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: *G
I'd highly recommend The Big Island, there is so much to see, and if they are not looking for too many physical activities, they can road trip around the island.

I spent 10 days touring the island, and every day was beautiful.

Favorites/memorable stays that were fairly inexpensive included:
The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls in Hilo
Volcano Inn (book a corner room!!)
Outrigger Keahou Beach Resort hotel in Kona (breakfast included)

There are tons of waterfalls to visit, and look out points, and you can't go wrong or get too lost. Lots of coffee farms, great snorkeling or sailing, and lots of fun shops.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:03 am

The islands of Molokai and/or Lanai, I think, are perfect matches. VERY luxurious, though expensive, accomodations, but the paradise is all the same. Hope they have a good time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.