FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-435/)
-   -   Where to watch college football in poipu? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/1149471-where-watch-college-football-poipu.html)

bpratt Nov 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Where to watch college football in poipu?

Ok, lets take it as a given that I shouldn't be spending part of a beautiful day in paradise in front of a TV. But it might rain Saturday morning, and I'd really like to watch the Stanford - Cal game. It's on Kauai cable channel 31 (Prime?) at 10:30 am.

Any idea if my condo's cable channels are likely to include that one, and if not any suggestions on where I might be able to go to see it? Maybe a bar at one of the hotels? I'll still be on Pacific time,so 10:30 is really 12:30 and the perfect time for a beer :-)

Bob

slippahs Nov 18, 2010 1:37 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by bpratt
Ok, lets take it as a given that I shouldn't be spending part of a beautiful day in paradise in front of a TV. But it might rain Saturday morning, and I'd really like to watch the Stanford - Cal game. It's on Kauai cable channel 31 (Prime?) at 10:30 am.

Any idea if my condo's cable channels are likely to include that one, and if not any suggestions on where I might be able to go to see it? Maybe a bar at one of the hotels? I'll still be on Pacific time,so 10:30 is really 12:30 and the perfect time for a beer :-)

Bob

Don't know about Kauai condo cable, but I'd definitely check www.channelsurfing.net or JustinTV to see if you an stream it. Its unfortunately not on espn3.com.

loomis Nov 18, 2010 9:29 am

http://www.kalapakijoes.com/locations.php

Disclaimer: I have never been here, but have just read the reviews on Tripadvisor that often say that they have alot of big screen TV's.

ILuvParis Nov 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by bpratt (Post 15181716)

Bob

Definitely Kalapaki Joe's. Really good burgers and other sandwiches, excellent Buffalo wings. However, I bet your condo has that station. I think (not sure) it's on basic Time Warner Oceanic.

slippahs Nov 18, 2010 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis (Post 15194261)
Definitely Kalapaki Joe's. Really good burgers and other sandwiches, excellent Buffalo wings. However, I bet your condo has that station. I think (not sure) it's on basic Time Warner Oceanic.

You're right! I didn't even notice, but yes, basic Oceanic Cable carries 31 and my TV Guide is saying that the game will be carried at that time live.

bpratt Nov 26, 2010 12:08 am

Originally Posted by slippahs (Post 15198223)
You're right! I didn't even notice, but yes, basic Oceanic Cable carries 31 and my TV Guide is saying that the game will be carried at that time live.

My cable did in fact have the game on, but the 5 minute walk to kalapaki joes meant I didnt have to argue with my kids over the game vs taking them swimming. And since I extended my vacation til next Monday I know where to see Stanford vs Oregon state as well.

Thanks!

Bob