Reload this Page >

Fairmont Orchid Big Island

Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

Good day all!

I'll be staying with my daughter (12 and 14) at the Fairmont Orchid.

Haven't been to the hotel before, any recommendations on room types, activities at the hotel?

Thanks!

augusto
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
We've visited the hotel 4 times, and stayed probably 45 nights there over the years. Both my wife and I are Platinum members with FPC loyalty program.

Family Package deal is currently on and for $240/night you get Garden View Room, Brekkie, self parking and 2 Keiki Aloha passes during your stay (a $100 value each approximately).. This is their loss leader.. based on a 5 night stay, your room would work out less than $120 per night. For $12 or $16 dollars more per night, you can marginally better angle view at the ocean from the middle back of the hotel.

If you are Premier or Platinum member you can apply your room and suite upgrades to this property.. Suites are double the size, and a big draw for our family when we head down to the Orchid.

Hale Kai, is a nice restaurant beside the ocean onsite.. Brown's beach house is expensive.. but for a convenient 5 star meal might do the trick.. Gathering of Kings is a consideration onsite on Saturdays as well.

Offsite recommendations for meals.. Ruth's Chris Prime Time before 5 pm.. Sansei, Sundays and Mondays before 5 pm, 50% off menu.. Must do.. Four Seasons, Surf Sand and Stars.. all you can eat lobster, sushi, steak, ribs, seafood, etc.^ Kona Village Luau.. best on the island.^ Sunday Brunch at Mauna Kea is nice as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.