Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri la tour

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Shangri la tour

I was once given a private tour of Shangrila when I was a college kid living nearby in Kahala - but would like to see it again now that there are academic tours from the Academy of Arts on Beretania Street focusing on the Islamic art.

Has anyone taken the tour and was it worth signing up for in advance, etc.? And were there language capabilities on site other than English? What is the most attractive thing they show you? And how much was it?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
We took the tour about 4 or 5 years ago. I don't remember the price, but we felt it was well worth the amount. The fee also includes the museum, which is also very nice. Only English was spoken during our tour.

DD
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:33 pm

I was there two weeks ago. It costs $25 and the tour is offered 3X a day Wednesday through Saturday. Tour is three hours with 90 minutes at the estate itself. It is definitely well worth it and I wasimpressed by the museum (and this is coming from someone that lived in new York and went to the museums there all the time).

Go to the website for more info. You need to reserve in advance, I was able to get the 8:30 tour the day before, but the others were sold out
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:40 am

How does paying for a tour guide save travelling expenses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.