Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

No Movies between Mainland and Hawaii

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, HA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond

Just got back to the Mainland from Hawaii on HA. Going over in January there was a movie, coming home in February, Hana Hou didn't indicate a movie, talked to the FA and they said movies have been stopped between the Mainland. Anybody know anything?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
Originally Posted by thepinenuts
Just got back to the Mainland from Hawaii on HA. Going over in January there was a movie, coming home in February, Hana Hou didn't indicate a movie, talked to the FA and they said movies have been stopped between the Mainland. Anybody know anything?
Looks like it: http://www.hawaiianair.com/Services/Pages/Movies.aspx

Looks like they have shifted to short subject on the west coast & south Pacific-HI segments while keeping full movies for SYD and MNL flights.

Doesn't bother me much, in all the HA transpac flight over the years, I think the last time I actually watched a move was in 2000/2001. A lot of travelers (but not all) bring their own "movie" devices nowadays i.e....iPods, laptops, portable DVD players, etc or just spend the $15 and get the Dig-E-Player with 10 movies on it.

I honestly don't see much impact from this change especially since HA will be introducing full personal IFE with the Panasonic eX2 system on their A332's next year.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Just got back from Las Vegas left on flight 8 and returned on flight7. Movies shown both ways.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Boardroom, HH Diamond, National Executive
I hear so many complain about movies being removed, my friend doesn't want to pay for the Digi, but I'd rather pay $15.00 for content rather than being stuck with just one option. Between IPod movie players and all the other technology I am not sad at all.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I was just reading a copy of Hana Hou! and it appears that the movies are being replaced by the digi-players for $15.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
HA website now shows movies back on all 767 flights. Could have been an experiment with short subject. Perhaps they are doing marketing tests or something getting ready for the IFE rollout of the eX2 systems next year on the A332s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.