Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:58 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by slippahs
FWIW, SeatGuru has a seat map for the aircraft:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Haw...s_A330-200.php

Some disappointing features: no outlets? Pitch in F at 42"? So really, the only plus here, despite having a brand spanking new aircraft, is the AVOD.

Perhaps SeatGuru just doesn't have all the info loaded in yet.
Seats are supposed to be wider, too. I was just on a HA flight a couple of weeks ago in F and was asking the purser (who doubles as inflight training supervisor) about the new A330 product. She said it's obviously newer and the seats are more comfortable (not to mention wider), but otherwise a very similar setup in F to the 767. She said the Economy was the area were big improvements were made - better seat design and IFE.

HA's F, IMHO, is the best to the islands from the west coast especially now that Continental has done away with their 767 service from LAX. They offer pretty delicious meal selections and the service itself feels a little more elegant than other mainline carriers. That said, it's obviously not Singapore Airlines (or even Lufthansa ), but for a 5 hour flight is the choice I'd make.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:44 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by tonywestsider
The second 330, named "Hokule'a" will be the 3rd daily flight in the summer schedule of the HNL-LAX route, joining the first 330 "Makall'i" and another 763.
HA's press release of the inaugural flight on June 4 states that the Hokule'a (the 2nd 332 delivery) was the a/c used on that flight and not Makali'i (1st 332 delivery). Anyone out there knows why? Just curious....
Old Jun 11, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
HA's press release of the inaugural flight on June 4 states that the Hokule'a (the 2nd 332 delivery) was the a/c used on that flight and not Makali'i (1st 332 delivery). Anyone out there knows why? Just curious....
It was indeed the 2nd aircraft that flew the trip.

From my seat at 3G, looking over 3C towards 3AB

Looking forward while sitting in 3G.

I apologize for the poor pics. My camera gave out on me so I had to resort to the cell phone.

Looking beyond 3G towards coach. There was a very small cabin there. I didn't go back there.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 13, 2010 at 5:37 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jun 11, 2010, 8:55 pm

Mahalo for posting the pics! Much appreciated. Congratulations. You were on the first or second flight?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
First A330 Boarding and Trip Report

None of my pictures of the ceremonies came out good. Everyone was given a lei during boarding. Other than some announcements, there was nothing special on-board to celebrate this first trip. I was hoping at for at least a certificate.

The seats were nice. The person ahead didn't recline much so if the pitch was close, it didn't bother me. They're definitely wider than the 767's, but that ain't saying too much.

My only true complaint was the console between the seats. Using it as an armrest feels weird because it's a few inches higher than the arm rest on the aisle side.

The seats don't have any electronic adjustments. Seatback adjustment is same as has been on planes forever.
The footrest works the same way. Push the button and it eases foward or to retract, push the button then press it back with the calves of your legs. It's a good thing I ride my bike a lot.
There was also an "up/down" button for the footrest. I never figured that one out. The buttons are all plastic and will be falling off in a couple of weeks.
Various people in the cabin had problems getting their seat controls to work. Two of them to the point of getting violent on trying to force the seat into position (one was for recline, the other for a footrest).

The AVOD screen is in the console between the seats. Slide open the top of the console then PUSH on the unit to get it to release. No, push harder. The screen was a nice size and the selection was fair. Start/Pause/Play/etc as you wish. A low grade of over-the-ear noise canceling headphones were passed out. Mine didn't play in the right ear. I saw about 4 other folks trading out headsets but I just pulled out my BOSE. The right ear played fine.

It's been about 4 years since I've flown HA to/from mainland. This was my 1st time with the new "pick 3 of 5" meal service. I did not care for that at all. When I heard about I thought it was something like, pick your appetizer, your salad, and your entree. The menu wasn't clear on what was what and the FA was unable to answer any questions. What came out was tasty (tho the rice was dried out) but it was just 3 snack plates. The shrimp was one piece with a teaspoon of sauce over the dried rice, my ravioli was a grand total of 2 and then the cheese plate that had about 3 pieces, a mound of walnuts and some grapes. The grapes and spinach in my ravioli were the only veggies.

The last time I flew HA in First over the water, I walked off the plane with them as my new favorite airline. I was a little disappointed this trip though there weren't any true problems ... but I enjoyed my trip out on a CO 737 just as much and it was $300 cheaper (not a fair comparison, as a CO Plat I bought a B fare which was upgraded at ticket purchase).

Steve

PS Happy King Kamehameha Day !!
I hope the Hawaiians are having fun celebrating my birthday

Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Makali'i had a problem with a water filter on that day, so it was substituted with Hokule'a. I flew on it on June 5 from LAX to HNL in Y-class.

Although the seats slide forward a bit when you recline, they are somewhat uncomfortable after a few hours.

The IFE system was okay. There's a credit card reader below the monitor. In order to watch anything other than a couple of "Hawaiian Skies" videos or listen to their standard music channels, simply swipe your credit or debit card. It's $5 for a selection of cartoons, movies, and games aimed towards kids and $10 for a selection of movies, TV shows, music videos, and games aimed towards adults. In addition, there's a USB port to the right of the screen that can be used to charge an iPod or iPhone.

Yesterday, Hokule'a had a problem with its right engine 40 minutes out of HNL. After returning to HNL, it was substituted with Makali'i.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 4:23 pm

Happy Birthday, Steve! You're the King! Mahalo nui for your trip report on the first HA A332 flight HNL-LAX. ^

What you've experienced in HA F today regarding the 3 in 5 menu is HA's Tasting Menu. HA replaced their multi-course catering with this service in F. Some pax like it, others don't. Also, what you experienced onboard regarding the seat operation is probably expected from a brand new plane that seemed to be freshly delivered from Toulouse with brand new seats. I was also thinking about booking on the inaugural flight myself, however, it was logistically tough for me to do so, having come back from Asia to IAD, then to LAX the night before the HA flight.

It was great that you got a lei greeting during boarding. I agree, it would have been memorable if you had a certificate. I'm hoping your next HA A330 flight will be better once everything with the new plane gets settled in.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 5:41 am

yeah, but did they remember to put the "no feet" sign up on the bulkheads in F?

-David
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:52 am

Quality Pictures of New HA A330 First Class

There seems to be a real lack of quality pictures of the new First Class on the A330, not only on this forum but the HA website as well. Even on the video of the Airbus handover the first class cabin was missed out.

I am traveling LAX > OGG in early August and want to see what we are likely to get on board. Can anyone help?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Where next A330 routes to be announced? What about next announce to startup service to east coast flight? Do they have enough more range nonstop from HNL-JFK/FLL/ORD/CVG is in under particular consideration. Just a speculating for which the specific routes to be announced when A330 will come online.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
HA updated the seat config pages of its website a few days ago: http://www.hawaiianair.com/Services/Pages/Seating.aspx

Pitch for the A332's are 45" to 46" in F class and 31" to 32" in Y.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:57 pm

So do you have to pay for the headphones and the movies in the A330? Or just the movies?

If you just have to pay for the movies and they give you the headphone free, then they should make the movies available at no charge to the Premier Club members. Right now they get 2 free drinks or 2 free headphones or 1 each.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:18 pm

On the A330, the headphones are free. Hawaiian Skies videos and select audio channels are complimentary to all customers. In Coach class, you can purchase a Value Pack for $10, which will give all of the movie and other video selections plus full audio programming. A kids pack is also available for $5. Can someone confirm if all the IFE in the A330 First Class is complimentary?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:46 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, UA Premier Silver
On the A330, the headphones are free. Hawaiian Skies videos and select audio channels are complimentary to all customers. In Coach class, you can purchase a Value Pack for $10, which will give all of the movie and other video selections plus full audio programming. A kids pack is also available for $5. Can someone confirm if all the IFE in the A330 First Class is complimentary?
All of the IFE is complimentary in First Class on HA's A330s. In addition, the "Bejeweled" game is complimentary in Coach.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:31 pm

Where are the A330's flying?

Does any know if Hawaiian Airlines is using the new A330's on any other route than the LAX HNL LAX on HA flights 1 and 2?

Are they going to start service using the A330 to any of the international destinations soon?

Thank you,

soccer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.