Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:31 pm

This FAQ Page (http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app...tail/a_id/2084) states that the outlets are available except for rows 14, 33, and 34.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hi everyone! Has anyone flown in the newly converted economy comfort seats? I'm scheduled to fly in them in 3 weeks, but wondering if a particular row is better than the others? Right now I'm in 11A and 11B. Thank you!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:42 am
azj

Originally Posted by ashley1245
Hi everyone! Has anyone flown in the newly converted economy comfort seats? I'm scheduled to fly in them in 3 weeks, but wondering if a particular row is better than the others? Right now I'm in 11A and 11B. Thank you!
Row 11 is the first row behind F class and has VAST amounts of legroom. Stay put, you're in the best seats for Extra Comfort.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Great news! Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Flight HA452 :: SYD-HNL

I've just made seat arrangements in Y for upcoming flights in January '15 and was left with selection only in the back half of the aircraft - everything else was blocked (held by airport or reserved, it was explained).
Is this normal procedure ?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:27 am
azj

Originally Posted by Travelomania
I've just made seat arrangements in Y for upcoming flights in January '15 and was left with selection only in the back half of the aircraft - everything else was blocked (held by airport or reserved, it was explained).
Is this normal procedure ?
Yes, most airlines block seats for assignment at a later time.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by azj
Yes, most airlines block seats for assignment at a later time.
What is the rationale for that?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
What is the rationale for that?
Elite fliers

Handicapped fliers

Bassinets

Upsell opportunities

etc....
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:12 pm

I'm traveling with my husband and seven-year-old son LAS to HNL mid-January 2015. I'm planning to upgrade to Extra Comfort, and I have a choice between rows 12 and 13 (middle section). We don't have overnight flights, but they are a little late for my son, so I'm hoping he'll be able to nap a little. I'm wondering if there is any significant difference between rows 12 and 13. For instance, does 13 fully recline? From what I have been able to find, people disagree on the noise level of 13. I'm grateful for any and all opinions.

I'm also wondering if Extra Comfort tends to sell out during that time. I'm wondering how likely it is that someone will book that fourth seat in the middle section of our row. Extra Comfort is sold out for most flights in the next few days, but is January much slower?

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by GertieGo
I'm traveling with my husband and seven-year-old son LAS to HNL mid-January 2015. I'm planning to upgrade to Extra Comfort, and I have a choice between rows 12 and 13 (middle section). We don't have overnight flights, but they are a little late for my son, so I'm hoping he'll be able to nap a little. I'm wondering if there is any significant difference between rows 12 and 13. For instance, does 13 fully recline? From what I have been able to find, people disagree on the noise level of 13. I'm grateful for any and all opinions.

I'm also wondering if Extra Comfort tends to sell out during that time. I'm wondering how likely it is that someone will book that fourth seat in the middle section of our row. Extra Comfort is sold out for most flights in the next few days, but is January much slower?

Thanks for your help!
One more question--Do the armrest in rows 12 and 13 flip up? I am hoping they do. It's one of my reasons for choosing between those two, instead of 11. Flip up armrest will let my son rest against me to sleep (hopefully!).

Thanks again!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:09 am
azj

Originally Posted by GertieGo
One more question--Do the armrest in rows 12 and 13 flip up? I am hoping they do. It's one of my reasons for choosing between those two, instead of 11. Flip up armrest will let my son rest against me to sleep (hopefully!).

Thanks again!
Yes, the arm rest raise and I wouldn't say theres much difference between rows 12 and 13. 13 does recline, but it's closer to the galley and lavatories, though, 12 isn't that much further away. IMO, it's a wash. Also, I'd count on those seats being filled, so I'd buy up now if you could.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:21 pm

Report on Row 14 Extra Comfort Seats

We were in the center section of row 14 outbound, and the section of two seats in row 14 on the return, and in both cases there were USB ports under the seat to recharge devices, despite reports to the contrary.

We didn't mind the bulkhead seat location. Reviews had mentioned that people might attempt to walk through the center section to access the lavs on the opposite aisle, but there isn't that much room to walk, especially with people's feet stretched out. I find it highly unlikely that anyone would attempt to use this area as a walkway. None did during our flights.

Reviews also caution about potential smells from the lavs or noise associated with people congregating by the galley or lavs. We didn't notice any odors. As for noise, people aren't supposed to congregate near the lavs. Outbound, a few people did hang out in the galley area and talk for a while, but I think rows 12 and 13 are closer to the noise than 14. On the return to JFK, no one congregated. Most people wanted to sleep after dinner, if possible.

For a flight of this length, we felt the extra expense was justified and it was reasonably comfortable with the extra legroom.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:09 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but does anyone know what is happening to the A332 currently on OAK-HNL? It looks like it goes 767 later this week and stays that way indefinitely.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:21 pm
azj

Originally Posted by psa1011
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but does anyone know what is happening to the A332 currently on OAK-HNL? It looks like it goes 767 later this week and stays that way indefinitely.
OAK-HNL reverts to the 767 and that frees up a 330 for the airline to launch SFO-OGG service at the same time.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by azj
OAK-HNL reverts to the 767 and that frees up a 330 for the airline to launch SFO-OGG service at the same time.
That explains what happened to the flight I was looking at booking myself.

Wished they'd have the 330 on the route to Maui from OAK though... Getting mixed reviews about First on this AC. Have only experienced First on the 767s. Not a big fan of going to SFO unless I have to. Was eyeing making the transfer in HNL but opted not worth the wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.