Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Air have blackout dates on FF seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:01 am
Original Poster

I'm looking at booking a return flight on Hawaiian in March 2008. I'm in the planning stages. When I go to Hawaiian's miles web page it has the last two weeks of March crossed out? Is this because they are black out dates? When I put in a date just before those two weeks, it says can't be booked 320 (?) days out. Thanks for any info anyone has.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:44 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Howzit, lkohawaii?

Flights must be within 331 days of booking; as of right now, March 25th, 2007,: February 19, 2008 is the farthest out you can book a flight.

Last edited by kaukau; Mar 26, 2007 at 1:45 am
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:30 am

when we're concerned about availability, we book the outbound separately so we can grab it right away at 330 days. then we wait and do the return separately when it is at 330 days. especially for international.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks you guys. I am planning on traveling next year in Spring Break. So getting ready for that "magical day" that seats open. Along with the rest of the state I bet. Anyway, I didn't want to be counting on seats during Spring Break if they'd never be available. I thought it's time to give Hawaiian a chance to fly me to the mainland. With one free ticket and the rest on rev I can take a chance.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by lkohawaii
Thanks you guys. I am planning on traveling next year in Spring Break. So getting ready for that "magical day" that seats open. Along with the rest of the state I bet. Anyway, I didn't want to be counting on seats during Spring Break if they'd never be available. I thought it's time to give Hawaiian a chance to fly me to the mainland. With one free ticket and the rest on rev I can take a chance.

For high season, suggest you book two one ways, as mentioned previously. Only downside is that if you should need to cancel, it will double the cost to redeposit the miles.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks I'll book one leg at a time. So, what do you do if you can't get back home? Do you just pay for that leg? Or do you pay to redeposit? I bet you'll say gotta look at the prices and decide. Not many airlines let you book one ways. I'll be waiting.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by lkohawaii
Thanks I'll book one leg at a time. So, what do you do if you can't get back home? Do you just pay for that leg? Or do you pay to redeposit? I bet you'll say gotta look at the prices and decide. Not many airlines let you book one ways. I'll be waiting.
I've never had that happen, but I'd just redeposit for $100.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jtkauai
I've never had that happen, but I'd just redeposit for $100.

Thanks...hopefully I won't have a problem coming home either. If I do I'll remember your advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.