FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Earn AA miles on Hawaiian problem (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/62377-earn-aa-miles-hawaiian-problem.html)

msrohud Jan 28, 2004 9:04 am

Earn AA miles on Hawaiian problem

I'm trying to book our inter-island flights on the Hawaiian Air website. When I get down to the FF info, my only selection is Hawaiian FF miles. I know when I first started researching this that I was able to see that American was an option. I then signed up for a Hawaiian FF account to see if I would get any discount as had been suggested as a possiblilty here.

I've cleared my cookies but still can't get the AA FF info to pop up. Anyone know why? Thanks from the semi-computer illiterate.

slippahs Jan 28, 2004 11:46 pm

It's because you can't earn AA miles on cheaper HA fares... you can't earn ANY miles other than HA miles on the most cheapest fares (which is why you can't put in your AA mileage number).

aloha

hauteboy Jan 29, 2004 10:59 pm

Try booking the flight on AA.com instead.. I did that recently for a HNL-OGG and got a cheaper fare than was on the HA site. And got the FF miles. Though it's only a measly 250 miles so not really worth it anyway.

WebTraveler Jan 30, 2004 6:32 am

This has been a beef of mine for quite some time, but Hawaiian doesn't really care. But joining the Hawaiian program really is not that bad. First, you can get miles on every Alaska flights and I believe nearly every America West flight. Plus if you spend $25 you can get their cheapo credit card, which enables you to move miles between two family members and yourself. You can then redeem these miles on Alaska or America West. For 20K you can redeem on Alaska and for 25K you can redeem on America West. By the time you consolidate your family's trip from the mainland to Hawaii in one account you are there for a free ticket on Alaska as you'll have about 20K miles. It actually works out pretty good if you work the system.

DJMeatBall Jan 30, 2004 12:34 pm

can one earn WorldPerks mileage for inter-island flights on cheaper (if they exist) tickets?

gar777 Feb 20, 2004 4:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WebTraveler:
First, you can get miles on every Alaska flights and I believe nearly every America West flightIt actually works out pretty good if you work the system.</font>
Yeah but if your HP platinum you're screwed
out of the automatic upgrade, and elite bonus miles.

I'm not sure if Hawaii would comp me status.
Does anyone know?

slippahs Feb 20, 2004 5:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gar777:
I'm not sure if Hawaii[an] would comp me status.
Does anyone know?
</font>
HA's a very tight one when it comes to comping. You never know however and it's worth a shot. Give HA Miles a call.

aloha

slippahs Feb 20, 2004 5:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DJMeatBall:
can one earn WorldPerks mileage for inter-island flights on cheaper (if they exist) tickets?

</font>
Unfortunately, no. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by slippahs (edited Feb 20, 2004).]

WebTraveler Feb 20, 2004 7:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gar777:
Yeah but if your HP platinum you're screwed
out of the automatic upgrade, and elite bonus miles.

I'm not sure if Hawaii would comp me status.
Does anyone know?

</font>
Hawaiian won't comp you status. I am also not really sure you are "screwed" out of anything. I think you are looking for a perk that really isn't there and shouldn't be there.

outoftown Feb 25, 2004 11:49 pm

You can always hope. My wife last week got 250 AA miles for HNL to KOA on HA, even though the ticket was a NW award travel ticket. For some reason the fare class displayed Y, so I asked the GA to add her AA FF#. No such luck on the return, which showed T class.