Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Need 1 way inter island flight-book it online?

Old Jan 28, 04, 4:46 pm
CMW
Original Poster

I have award tickets from DFW-HNL and OGG-DFW in April. When I was in Honolulu a few years ago I used the interisland coupons to go from HNL to OGG so I thought I'd do that again but are coupons no longer available?

Do I have to book on-line via Aloha or Hawaiian? I am a AAA member and I know they give a discount for Aloha.

Any advice? I have no plans to change my award ticket from the mainland to incorporate the hop from HNL to OGG. Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 04, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
No, coupons are no longer available Both HA and AQ stopped issuing them about a year ago.

I have never had much luck booking tickets for the AAA discount online, usually get better price calling AQ direct.

Also, the cheapest way to book interisland, and others may believe different, is to join AQ's aloha pass,and book direct through AQ's website after logging on using your pass #. I just booked 59.00 each way OGG-HNL-OGG, haven't been able to get that cheap in a couple of years. Hope this helps.

------------------
Spreading Aloha around da world one trip at a time!
Old Jan 28, 04, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Penguinmoon:
Also, the cheapest way to book interisland, and others may believe different, is to join AQ's aloha pass,and book direct through AQ's website after logging on using your pass #. I just booked 59.00 each way OGG-HNL-OGG, haven't been able to get that cheap in a couple of years. </font>
It's important to note that although this may be the cheapest interisland fare out there, the amount of seats sold at this fare is extremely limited. So book early or on low travel demand days.

aloha
Old Jan 29, 04, 9:30 am
CMW
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. If I set up an AlohaPass account is it possible to have the points credited to a partner Like (UA) when booking on-line? I would prefer not to have those be orphan miles in a new FF account.
Old Jan 29, 04, 10:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMW:
Thanks for the information. If I set up an AlohaPass account is it possible to have the points credited to a partner Like (UA) when booking on-line? </font>
Yes

I believe you can switch your FF number at the gate as well.

aloha
Old Jan 29, 04, 10:55 am
CMW
Original Poster

Perhaps I am not doing something right but I have signed up for an Aloha pass account. I received the number and a temp card but it won't let me log in(keeps asking me to reenter a valid #). I got an email with the PIN but it never asks for that.

In any case I am looking for something on April 19th HNL to OGG around 3pm. The best I am coming up with is $70. I don't consider that to be a bad price. I am just having difficulty with the Aloha booking site.
Old Jan 29, 04, 1:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, United 1k, United Club (life), Virgin Silver, Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Accor Gold
I've found the Aloha booking site isn't nearly as user friendly as the Hawaiian site.
Old Jan 29, 04, 3:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
I've found the Aloha booking site isn't nearly as user friendly as the Hawaiian site.</font>
It's too bad too, that when AQ revamped their website, they failed to update their booking system which uses the ITN version that UA uses.

aloha

Search this Thread