Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

What to do when Hawaiian doesn't call or care?

Old Jan 9, 04, 8:27 am
Original Poster

I made reservations months ago for a trip in Feb to Hawaii by way of LAS/HNL/KOA. I checked every month or so and no problems until today. Now they have changed the flights and in my reservation is says to call the airline. When I call I get a highly offended and deeply bothered Customer Sevice(?) agent who not only tells me the flights have been changes months ago but it is not really her concern and I should try at the day of departure to fix it that there is nothing she can do. So now the two flights that would have still worked for me are now booked and the flights that they have put me on are over booked and have two additional layovers. Doesn't seem like much but when you add the two hours security time and the layovers and delays, what would have been a quick bounce is not an almost epic journey. Since my frequent flier numbers are all over the reservation why couldn't they have sent me an email at the time of the change? If they changed the flight why not leave me on the same flight instead of arbitrarily assigning me a new route?

Sorry to vent but if anything I figured others in the forum would empathize, Hawaiian doesn’t seem to.
Old Jan 9, 04, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
FTers always empathize with any flight changes. You might call HA again and ask to change your reservation to an itinerary that better suits your needs, since they did change your reservations. In addition, you can consider asking for a full refund based on the schedule change. Get your money back and book a flight on another carrier that will listen.

If they still don't allow, just call back and try again.

If, however, you're not successful, pick up a bump on your overbooked flights to spite the airlines

good luck! aloha

Search this Thread