OK To Book On Hawaiian This Fall?

Old Jul 14, 03, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC E75K/SPG-Marriott Titanium/Accor-FPC Plat/IHG Plat/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
OK To Book On Hawaiian This Fall?

Just checkin' in on this board to see if anyone has any worries about HA staying in the air given the current financial situation. Planning on booking for October on the SEA-OGG non-stops and have never flown HA before. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Old Jul 15, 03, 1:19 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PointWeasel:
Just checkin' in on this board to see if anyone has any worries about HA staying in the air given the current financial situation. Planning on booking for October on the SEA-OGG non-stops and have never flown HA before. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.</font>
Hawaiian is doing alright. They haven't pulled out of bankruptcy yet and they've had some problems finding leadership, but they're still flying their jets. If they do end up going under, I doubt it will be in the next three months -- I'd give them at least another year.

Hawaiian Y is not bad, F is better. They're having some specials for F fares. Even better, if you're willing to fly out of Vancouver, which I doubt you are, Aloha Airlines is having a full blown sale (see previous post) or if you really are concerned about HA's financial stability, fly NW from SEA-HNL and then connect in HNL on a HA flight (if HA goes under, AQ will always be there for that short 15-20 minute hop.

Aloha

Search this Thread