FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   SEA Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/62239-sea-changes.html)

Salty Jun 18, 2003 2:39 pm

SEA Changes

Flew SEA-OGG yesterday and noted a counter change at SEA. The Hawaiian counter is now next door to Northwest at British Airways.

I was at SEA a few weeks ago and Hawaiian was at the Northwest counter so the change must have happened recently.

The counter agents were in Hawaiian Air uniforms and most seemed like they were trainees as it took a long time to process the travelers. I had about 8 people before me in the premier line and it took 55 minutes before I received my boarding pass.

It took another 40 minutes going thru the TSA checkpoint leading to the south satellite gates as well. I'm glad I wasn't a "selectee" or it would have been much longer.

Both the LAX and OGG flights out of SEA were held back for at least an hour because of the delays with check-in and security.

Just something to think about if you are departing from SEA soon.

slippahs Jun 18, 2003 6:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Salty:
The counter agents were in Hawaiian Air uniforms and most seemed like they were trainees as it took a long time to process the travelers. I had about 8 people before me in the premier line and it took 55 minutes before I received my boarding pass.
</font>
I would wonder if the line would have been shorter in Y?

8 people for 55 minutes is an average of about 6.875 minutes a passenger. If 8 pax had ticket issues, then I could understand the extended delay, but if it's simply checking in... doesn't HA have ETKT check-in at SEA?

Salty Jun 18, 2003 9:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by slippahs:
I would wonder if the line would have been shorter in Y?

8 people for 55 minutes is an average of about 6.875 minutes a passenger. If 8 pax had ticket issues, then I could understand the extended delay, but if it's simply checking in... doesn't HA have ETKT check-in at SEA?

</font>
The line in Y had tons of people in it! A person behind me went to check it out because the line was so long. Their line moved faster than ours did however. Our line didn't move an inch for the first 30 minutes I was there. An experienced Hawaiian agent showed up after and really sped things up.

The eight people in front of me weren't 8 single travelers either. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Hawaiian's first or second day with this new arrangement.

Someone went to look for the electronic checkin machines but did not see any. I know NW has them but with HA now at BA they may be a later addition.

Wished AQ flew to SEA. Especially after reading that article you posted on the food service -- sounds delicious.