Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1942745-consolidated-ha-premier-club-lounge-other-ha-available-lounges-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2005, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA ExecutivePlat; Delta Platinum; Aeroplan Prestige; SPG Platinum
The lounge certainly does need to be remodeled. I was in their about two months ago and noticed how rundown and old the entire place looked; looking forward to remodeled lounge.

I agree jtkauai I'm sure they'll do a great job!
Old May 11, 2005, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: All Programs
Which lounge for AA customers?

Which lounge is for AA customers flying F? What about the quality of that lounge? Is it worth spending there a few hours or is it a waste of time?
Old May 11, 2005, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by emozioni
Which lounge is for AA customers flying F? What about the quality of that lounge? Is it worth spending there a few hours or is it a waste of time?
There is no AAdmirals lounge (American Airlines) at Honolulu International. That was closed down a while ago.

Hopefully, this thread will give you more info:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=hnl+lounge

aloha

PS: FWIW, spending less time at HNL and more time outside the airport has always been advised here.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Could HA's lounges be any more messy?

Last week I had the opportunity to hang out in HA's lounges at OGG, KOA, and HNL in between interisland flights... and I was disgusted by how dirty they were!

Dirty tissues and napkins balled up on chairs/the floor, newspapers strewn about, no snacks to be found, 1/2 empty cups of drinks scattered about on the floor, chairs, tables... it was horrible. And each city was the same.

In OGG, a ramp agent did come in and tidy up a little bit during my visit ...but the place was still a mess.

Why don't HA agents do a better job of keeping the place neat ...and why don't HA passengers have any manners to keep the place as nice as when it was when they arrived?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 1:45 am

well, 2 thoughts.

first, the experience you describe is unlike mine. i've used the lounges extensively for the past couple of years. while i find them shabby, outdated and overused, i've not found lots of trash ever in any of them.

second, when i spoke with the ha vp of customer relations about a week ago he advised that the planned refurb of the hnl lounge is still coming shortly, with a contractor selected.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:38 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
My last week's visits to the HNL and ITO lounges found them in much nicer shape than the last time I was in either.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL GM, CRC, HHS
I've never seen a trash problem in any of the lounges, however ITO is a grossly outdated facility. The lounge at HNL (interisland) is , obviously, not equal to the larger lounges in the main terminal, but it is clean, bright, and staffed with friendly faces.

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Last week I had the opportunity to hang out in HA's lounges at OGG, KOA, and HNL in between interisland flights... and I was disgusted by how dirty they were!

Dirty tissues and napkins balled up on chairs/the floor, newspapers strewn about, no snacks to be found, 1/2 empty cups of drinks scattered about on the floor, chairs, tables... it was horrible. And each city was the same.

In OGG, a ramp agent did come in and tidy up a little bit during my visit ...but the place was still a mess.

Why don't HA agents do a better job of keeping the place neat ...and why don't HA passengers have any manners to keep the place as nice as when it was when they arrived?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:34 am

i was at hnl yesterday and asked the lounge attendant what had happened with the refurb plans. she knew nothing. hmmm.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:50 am

Programs: UA, HA regular member, HH, HGP, SPG, Prince Preferred, Budget Fast Break
Originally Posted by jtkauai
i was at hnl yesterday and asked the lounge attendant what had happened with the refurb plans. she knew nothing. hmmm.
jt,

were you by chance speaking to Marilyn? She is always so friendly to me when I am there. She just makes you feel so welcome.

flyboyHNL
Old Feb 11, 2006, 1:11 am
CG

I haven't noticed trash, but the first time I went into the HNL main terminal lounge I thought I had mistakenly turned into an employee break room in 1975. It consisted of a few molded plastic chairs, tile floor, and I think cinderblock walls, with a pile of interisland issue POGs to drink. The employee gave me the typical HA stink eye as I walked in, perhaps I was showing my emotions on my face more then I thought. They should come up with a name other then "lounge" to describe this, I've never seen anything like it!
Old May 15, 2006, 1:03 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

I wish I had known about this lounge the last two times I've done the redeye in F LAS-HNL!

There is an inconspicuous lounge across from gate 3 at the International Terminal at LAS (the terminal that HA uses). F passengers have access to this lounge (although not Premier Club members, according to the lounge host).

It is a VERY nice lounge, small but very, very nicely appointed.

It's the F lounge for Air Canada, Asiana, et al and if you're flying F on HA don't forget to check it out.
Old May 15, 2006, 4:54 pm

Thanks, cblaisd!

Given DL's tortuous HNL-SLC-LAS routing and UA's HNL-LAX-LAS routing, I'm thinking of using HA. One more reason to go with HA's non-stop.
Old May 24, 2006, 12:06 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by FTraveler
Thanks, cblaisd!

Given DL's tortuous HNL-SLC-LAS routing and UA's HNL-LAX-LAS routing, I'm thinking of using HA. One more reason to go with HA's non-stop.
You can also do HA/GO/AQ to OGG then US/HP nonstop into LAS too.
Old May 24, 2006, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
You can also do HA/GO/AQ to OGG then US/HP nonstop into LAS too.
Thanks, but as a DL/UA elite with mileage-earning and upgrade opportunities, I'm willing to forego them for a non-stop from HNL at a reasonable F fare. If I had to fly to Maui just to connect with other carriers, I'd just as well stick with DL/UA and earn the miles and a chance to upgrade.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Lounge access on HA if flying FC?

Do you get lounge access on Hawaiian if you are flying FC?

I read the sticky and it says:

"No other elites for affiliate airlines, unless traveling on a first class tickets, are allowed access to these lounges."

I wasn't sure from this -- does this mean "You get lounge access if flying FC no matter your affiliate status" or "You get lounge access if you are flying FC AND you're elite on an affiliate"

Sorry if it seems a silly question, but for me it wasn't quite clear.

Thanks!

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.