Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Earn double qualifying segments on interisland (AQ)

Earn double qualifying segments on interisland (AQ)

Old Aug 15, 04, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Wink Earn double qualifying segments on interisland (AQ)

Sorry if this has already been posted, just recieved letter today.

"Fly interisland on Aloha between now and Nov.15 and you'll earn qualifying segments toward membership in the elite Ali'i Program twice as fast. Aloha will credit you AlohaPass account with double qualifying segments and 500 miles for award redemptions whenever you travel interisland on a flight opertated by Aloha only. (No Island Air, commuter pass, or promotional fares)."

If I understand letter correctly, can obtain silver, gold, and diamond levels through promotion. Wonder if they are losing "elites" due to deletion of F and this is their attempt to attract those who otherwise wouldn't be able to qualify?
Old Aug 15, 04, 4:09 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Flew HNL-OGG yesterday and they had ONE elite on the even flight...

I wonder if this promo is targeted... How'd you receive the letter (e.g., in its own envelope, or part of the AlohaPass statements)?

aloha
Old Aug 15, 04, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Targeted perhaps? Both partner and I received a letter this week. First part of year, we both had many paid F flights, have tapered off lately. Not traveling as much, maybe AQ thinks we defected to HA

Has OGG started the insane boarding procedure that KOA has implemented? KOA now seems to sort Diamond/Gold/and Silver before boarding. I was in HNL yesterday, and we weren't seperated before boarding on the flight back to KOA. However, I did notice that a flight to OGG had new signs with Diamond/Gold in one, and Silver in the other. I guess a couple of the old birds still flying have an F class, seats first come first served; @ least two of four segments last month to LIH still had them.
Old Aug 15, 04, 4:55 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Has OGG started the insane boarding procedure that KOA has implemented? KOA now seems to sort Diamond/Gold/and Silver before boarding. I was in HNL yesterday, and we weren't seperated before boarding on the flight back to KOA. However, I did notice that a flight to OGG had new signs with Diamond/Gold in one, and Silver in the other. I guess a couple of the old birds still flying have an F class, seats first come first served; @ least two of four segments last month to LIH still had them.
I went outbound on AQ and inbound on HA, but upon arrival at Kahului, I didn't notice any new lines like at HNL. IMHO, I think sorting of elites by status level is crazy... I saw the two separate lines (one for Diamonds and Golds and another for Silvers) at gate 51 in HNL and chuckled when I only saw less than three people in each line.

aloha

PS What time were you at HNL? We departed for OGG at 1:30 yesterday.
Old Aug 15, 04, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs
PS What time were you at HNL? We departed for OGG at 1:30 yesterday.
Arrived from Mainland (AA) around 3, departed for KOA on the 5:30. At least they have signs of seperation at HNL, at KOA we get a gate agent yelling where we are suppose to stand!
Old Oct 21, 04, 9:13 am

Programs: *wood Plat, HHonors Gold
Offer Extended To 12/31/04

This doesn't seem to be targeted as the offer is posted on AQ's website:

http://www.alohaairlines.com/fly/gold.htm

Guess it's time to dust off my Alii card and, "go for the gold" considering the fact that lounge access will be free for gold and diamond members in 2005.
Old Oct 21, 04, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by no worries
This doesn't seem to be targeted as the offer is posted on AQ's website:

http://www.alohaairlines.com/fly/gold.htm

Guess it's time to dust off my Alii card and, "go for the gold" considering the fact that lounge access will be free for gold and diamond members in 2005.
That must have been a recent addition. It was orginally to expire on 11/15/04; guess AQ recently extended it. D**n!! Now I might be tempted to go for Diamond....

Search this Thread