Wiki Posts
Search

HAL Mileage Redeposit Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UAL Gold,AS,DL,MRD PP
HAL Mileage Redeposit Question

I am having a difficult time getting my miles back on a mileage ticket for another person.

I purchased 2 tickets for my son and girl friend to go from PHX-OGG-PHX back in November for flights last week. Long story short they broke up about 3 weeks before the flight and it was a pretty bitter break up. I cancelled just her flights 1 week before the flight and requested the miles be redeposited back to my account. The agent indicated there would be no fee and I should see the miles back in my account within 3 business days.

I kept checking and after 4 weeks I still did not have the miles back in my account. I called customer service and they now say they deposited the miles in the x-girl friends account. I stressed to the agent that the miles did not come from her account and they should have been redeposited to my account. 3 agents say that the miles go to the person's account of the ticked passenger and not the account of the person that purchased the tickets. I know that policy exist for cash tickets but have never heard that for mileage tickets.

I have the HAL credit card so she could transfer the milage back to me but I'm fairly certain she will not do that.

Is this the correct policy for HAL? I did cancel tickets last year for my mother who became ill and could not travel and the miles were deposited back to my account.

I cannot find the new policy on HAL site.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not right. I have used my miles for my wife and when canceled all miles went back into my account. Call again.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 4:45 pm

I want to piggy-back on this and ask. The chat agent told me redeposit takes 1-2 weeks... OP said they told him 3 days... Anyone know what the actual time? I am really hoping to get my redeposit fast. I can't see why they can't redeposit it instantly.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:32 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by vinhboy
I want to piggy-back on this and ask. The chat agent told me redeposit takes 1-2 weeks... OP said they told him 3 days... Anyone know what the actual time? I am really hoping to get my redeposit fast. I can't see why they can't redeposit it instantly.
I cancelled a flight and took about 7 days for my miles to reappear.
vinhboy likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by vinhboy
You're probably spoiled by the major carriers being able to do this automatically, but this is Hawaiian we are talking about, which simply does not have the IT in place like AA/DL/UA. Rather, the process to redeposit the miles is sent to another department that does this manually (refund plus redeposit). The time varies, I assume, based on the backlog of mileage redeposits needing to be made. I've had it take weeks. I've had it take 72 hours. It just depends. I'm still waiting for a redeposit request I made on Sunday to be processed.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:26 pm

DP, it finally arrived -- Friday --> Wednesday so 5 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.