HA 717 F overhead storage

Old Sep 16, 22, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

HA 717 F overhead storage

Straight up can't recall if the overhead storage on the 717 in F has the emergency equipment stored overhead of row 1 A&B, or row 2. Anybody able to give a little memory push on this one? Seems one must lose the under seat storage in row 1, or the overhead in 2, but again, the memory needs a push. Thank you to anyone who can assist.
Old Sep 16, 22, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The image below from a recently posted review suggests that the bins above 2AB are reserved for crew use and that there is emergency equipment in both AB-side bins. When I sat in 1A last year, I made sure to board as close to first as possible, and had no issues with my rollaboard plus personal item.

https://travelingformiles.com/hawaii...-intra-island/

nwkauaiboy likes this.
Old Sep 16, 22, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! Appreciate the assist
Old Sep 16, 22, 11:56 pm

Programs: FB Plat; AS 75K; UA Gold MM; AA Exec Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Amb; Hilton Gold; National EE
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
The image below from a recently posted review suggests that the bins above 2AB are reserved for crew use and that there is emergency equipment in both AB-side bins. When I sat in 1A last year, I made sure to board as close to first as possible, and had no issues with my rollaboard plus personal item.
This is correct. HA 717s have very little overhead space in F.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 27, 22 at 5:01 am Reason: removed image from quote
Old Sep 21, 22, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I concur. The only overhead in F on the 717's is above the E and F seats. No F overhead above the A and B seats.
Old Sep 21, 22, 10:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Which is why I generally pass on an upgrade to row 1 if I’m carrying more than a backpack. But people make it work. I see a lot of row 1 bags handed forward or people clearing a path for row 1 passengers to retrieve bags farther aft while we’re waiting for the door to open.

Last edited by WrightHI; Sep 21, 22 at 10:57 pm

Search this Thread