FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Hawaii airlines website booking not working (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/2039926-hawaii-airlines-website-booking-not-working.html)

mac94949 May 11, 2021 9:59 am

Hawaii airlines website booking not working

The Hawaiian airlines site has been glitching since yesterday. Unable to search and/book without things errorring out. frustrating since it holds on to seats from a glitched session and raises prices as a result. Site is thinking those seats are gone even when they haven’t been booked yet.

just me out others having this issue too?

inlanikai May 11, 2021 6:47 pm

The only glitch I have encountered in the past months, multiple times, is where I have had to put in dummy dates in the rental car screen to complete a flight-only purchase. Their website walks you through all the screens to get the schedule based on your travel dates for "flights only". You make your flight selection but before you get to the payment screen it gives yo a screen with your flights and tries to sell you a rental car reservation. If you ignore it and just hit "continue" you get an error message saying you have to select valid dates. I just put in the same pick up and return date without selecting a car and "poof!" I'm on to the payment screen with no car res..

I have flagged this to HA's customer service and web support and gotten nothing more than a automated "thank you" response. This has been going on for many months. YMMV.

StingWest May 15, 2021 8:49 am

Yesterday, May 15th, "glitching" was an understatement. Many parts of the site were broken:
Couldn't log in
Bookings would fail at various points, or hang endlessly.
Couldn't look up existing reservations
Reservations line promised a wait of "up to 90 minutes"!
--
This morning I notice that the "intermittent errors" messages were still up, but the website seems to be working!
Someone had a long night!

HNLbasedFlyer May 17, 2021 9:42 am

Hawaiian Airlines apologizes for website booking problems, long wait times

Hawaiian Airlines apologizes for website booking problems, long wait times (hawaiinewsnow.com)

As travelers flocked to book flights and redeem their travel miles, Hawaiian Airlines customers are facing issues with the company’s website and call center.

Over the past week, Hawaiian Airlines members said they faced difficulty logging into their accounts on digital channels and had issues getting through to an agent at the airline’s contact center.

In a letter to HawaiianMiles members, the airline apologized for the inconvenience and admitted that the issues stemmed from “an unexpectedly sharp surge in demand to book or rebook travel.”

Hawaiian Airlines said that these problems are two separate issues — one technical and one associated with staffing.

renila May 30, 2021 4:02 pm

Change flights not working on the website (I tried two browsers) and I've been on hold for an hour.

HNLbasedFlyer Jun 15, 2021 7:56 pm

I'm getting: 20027: Sorry! An unhandled error has occurred. Please try your search again. [WEB:BK123]

When doing flight searches on hawaiianairlines.com

Adding - I suspect it is by the one day flash sale $81 one way to the mainland.

inlanikai Jun 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer (Post 33331935)
I'm getting: 20027: Sorry! An unhandled error has occurred. Please try your search again. [WEB:BK123]

When doing flight searches on hawaiianairlines.com

Adding - I suspect it is by the one day flash sale $81 one way to the mainland.

I get the same just now.

Tanic Jun 15, 2021 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer (Post 33331935)
I suspect it is by the one day flash sale $81 one way to the mainland.

Strange that the "one day flash sale" is on Jun 15 and Jun 16. Can't buy any tickets on the website though. :(

HNLbasedFlyer Jun 15, 2021 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic (Post 33332063)
Strange that the "one day flash sale" is on Jun 15 and Jun 16. Can't buy any tickets on the website though. :(

Likely a reaction to the Southwest sale. Huge black eye for Hawaiian on a multi hour outage.