Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Any way to know if a HA flight will change? Need involuntary change for refund

Old Feb 6, 2021, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Had to cancel flight a week before departure. I rebooked in hopes that my flight will get changed so I can request a refund for my basic economy ticket. Does anyone here have any tips to see which flights will get cancelled/changed? I would appreciate it very much.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If HA knew that a flight would be cancelled, it would be cancelled. Despite all manner of crystal-ball gazing, there is no good public data and thus, not worth considering until it happens or not.

For the benefit of others, do not cancel until immediately before flight time. There is no benefit to the passenger in cancelling a week out. If the carrier cancels or significantly changes the schedule -- note significantly -- then you are entitled to a refund. If it operates, you are no worse off for cancelling 2 hours prior to departure than one week. In particular, remember that flights get cancelled for weather & mechanical difficulties at the last minute and you lose even that opportunity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.