Extend HawaiianMiles

Old Jan 3, 21, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Extend HawaiianMiles

Hi all, I have a decent amount of HawaiianMiles set to expire in a couple months. Typically, I'd go to one of the stores on the Online Mall and buy something to extend the miles, but it looks like the online mall is no longer an option. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to extend the expiration date cheaply? Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 21, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I used to buy a groupon on the online mall which I see is not available right now. Wondering if it will come back later this month or permanently gone. Looks like now if not in Hawaii to use one of the partners is to by miles, you can buy a minimum of 50 miles. I have till November until my miles expire so will see what I need to do later this year.
Old Jan 4, 21, 3:55 pm

If you are (or you know someone who is) a Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card holder, you can transfer any amount of miles with no charge/fee. I believe this would count as activity to extend your expiration.
Old Feb 13, 21, 1:09 pm
Original Member

Do we know if donating miles counts as an activity? Thanks.'

Editing to state that yes, donating even 50 miles counts as an activity that extends the 18 month expiration date.
benjinito likes this.

Last edited by birdyy; Feb 13, 21 at 1:14 pm
Old Mar 31, 21, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by birdyy View Post
Do we know if donating miles counts as an activity? Thanks.'

Editing to state that yes, donating even 50 miles counts as an activity that extends the 18 month expiration date.
Thank you so much for this tip! Great way to extend your miles while doing something good!
Old Apr 12, 21, 11:42 am

Sizzip I got an email from HA this morning: none of these measures are necessary anymore. Their miles no longer expire!
Tanic likes this.
Old Apr 12, 21, 11:46 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
Sizzip I got an email from HA this morning: none of these measures are necessary anymore. Their miles no longer expire!
Yep - from the email:

Dear HawaiianMiles member,

I am writing today to announce an important change to our HawaiianMiles program. Effective immediately, your HawaiianMiles will never expire. The miles you earn flying with us, spending on your Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard®, or shopping with our amazing network of merchant partners, are yours to keep forever, and save toward travel or other great rewards.

As I’m sure it has been for many in our personal lives, for us the last year has been one of challenge and of self-reflection. The hard times we have gone through as an airline have challenged us to ask ourselves: how can we be an even better airline, for our guests, our employees and our communities? We are committed to emerging from this crisis a stronger airline, even more deeply committed to guests and our purpose of connecting people with aloha.

Removing mileage expiration is one of many changes we’re making to better serve our guests and members. We eliminated change fees, something that was often a frustration for our guests. We recently reduced elite qualifications for our Pualani Platinum and Gold program by 50% for this year. Even through the COVID crisis we continued to welcome guests on board with authentic Hawaiian hospitality and complimentary meals, while maintaining industry-leading standards for health, safety and cleanliness. You can expect to see more improvements in the months to come.
Tanic likes this.
Old Apr 12, 21, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
Yep - from the email:
You can expect to see more improvements in the months to come.
Hmm, it would be really nice to see them take elite status seriously, improve and empower their call centers, and improve IT, but I'm not holding my breath. Although they could get most of that in one easy step by merging with AS....
747FC likes this.
Old Apr 13, 21, 9:51 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WrightHI View Post
Although they could get most of that in one easy step by merging with AS....
You mean acquired

It would certainly give AS a international network in the Pacific - and HA wouldn't be bound by limitations of the Hawaiian market with little growth opportunities, it isn't like hotels are being built.
Old Apr 13, 21, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Yes, no doubt who the surviving company would be, but if done right it could save the good parts of HA (mostly the front-line folks) and lose some of the more irritating bits. And yes, I have to think that Wall Street has some doubts about HA's Hawaii-only, "we're a tourism company not a transportation company" business model after the last year, even with leisure travel coming back faster than business and making their recovery look stronger in the near term. Not sure what AS would do with the long-haul routes, but the JAL partnership ought to be worth some effort to build on.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: