FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Hawaiian to Start Non-Stop Service HNL-MCO/AUS/ONT and OGG-LGB in 2021 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/2029931-hawaiian-start-non-stop-service-hnl-mco-aus-ont-ogg-lgb-2021-a.html)

N830MH Dec 8, 2020 2:51 pm

Aloha! Pack your bags! Go to Hawaii!

https://orlandoairports.net/press/20...HwTJ5x0FMcf70A

This is first ever nonstop flight from MCO to HNL. Wow! Congratulations!

Effective on March 11, 2021. 2x weekly.

Wait! There's more nonstop flight from LGB-OGG, ONT-HNL, and AUS-HNL.

https://newsroom.hawaiianairlines.co...io-and-orlando

zrs70 Dec 8, 2020 7:37 pm

Does HA do much for inaugural flights?

FlyDeltaMD88 Dec 8, 2020 8:19 pm

Am I the only one that finds HNL-MCO kind of weird? The only thing I can think of is that they're starting it to better connect Florida to Australians and the Japanese.

gkbiiii Dec 9, 2020 1:45 am

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir (Post 32872604)
Am I the only one that finds HNL-MCO kind of weird? The only thing I can think of is that they're starting it to better connect Florida to Australians and the Japanese.

Disney World, yea!

HNLbasedFlyer Dec 9, 2020 3:30 pm

MCO seemed out of left field - although I suspect plenty of local residents will also take this flight. You've got some sizable military in Florida - maybe they will prefer the nonstop both directions.

N830MH Dec 9, 2020 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 32872522)
Does HA do much for inaugural flights?

Yes, they do! You will be on the inaugural flights. They will have cannon salute, refreshments, and dancing.

pesos Dec 13, 2020 1:17 am

Been waiting for them to announce AUS for a year - w00t! Now if they just switch it to a 787 in 2022 :)

inlanikai Dec 13, 2020 12:08 pm

I have family in several towns on the east coast of central FL. As soon as this Covid thing is over I'll be taking the flight. Anything to avoid a change of planes.

SUPERTRAVEL Jan 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Delta and American have some MCO-HNL flights as low as $349rt with a change at LAX.
Hawaiian is charging around $200rt more.
That's close enough that many will pay extra for the nonstop.

N830MH Mar 16, 2021 4:31 pm

Also, I did hear they moved up date at the end of April 2021 now. They increased to 3rd weekly. MCO is performing well and they actually increased to 3rd weekly starting at the end of April now.

bocastephen Apr 3, 2021 12:56 pm

Just booked LGB-HNL because ONT which is closer to us, doesn't run every day.

Has anyone had an issue with arbitrary re-seating by HA? We booked a window/aisle combination for our tickets and put our friend who is on a different PNR in the middle with a note on his PNR that he is not to be moved, but on the way back we have the middle empty and want to be sure we are not moved around to a window/middle or middle/aisle combination. Some airlines like AS are doing that nonsense close to departure.

azj Apr 5, 2021 11:44 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 33149113)
Just booked LGB-HNL because ONT which is closer to us, doesn't run every day.

Has anyone had an issue with arbitrary re-seating by HA? We booked a window/aisle combination for our tickets and put our friend who is on a different PNR in the middle with a note on his PNR that he is not to be moved, but on the way back we have the middle empty and want to be sure we are not moved around to a window/middle or middle/aisle combination. Some airlines like AS are doing that nonsense close to departure.

FWIW - ONT goes daily at the end of May, just before the Memorial day holiday.

bocastephen Apr 5, 2021 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by azj (Post 33153867)
FWIW - ONT goes daily at the end of May, just before the Memorial day holiday.

Unfortunately we need to fly at the beginning of May - what is frustrating is while HA negotiated fast-results coronavirus tests at LAX and LGB, they failed to do so at ONT, forcing customers to either drive out to Long Beach or LAX to get tested, or rely on very unreliable facilities like CVS who is almost guaranteed to botch the test timing, or do the equally unreliable mail-in option. They really need a lab contract out by ONT and when I pushed them on it via online chat, I was fed back nonsense.

HNLbasedFlyer Apr 6, 2021 11:11 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 33154796)
or do the equally unreliable mail-in option.

I've not seen any issues with the mail in tests for any of the carriers. Flying on a Tuesday or Wednesday are the only problematic days with mail in.

gkbiiii Apr 11, 2021 8:18 pm

Soon Miami Baby!