Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian joins the club: gets rid of change fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...r-all-flights/

UA, DL, AA, and AS did it earlier in the week. However, Hawaiian is doing it for all flights , while the others are restricting it to mostly domestic flights and maybe a bit beyond.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
From the HA website:
" .. can modify their flight date without a change fee for tickets purchased through the end of the year under the airline’s existing COVID-19 waivers." (My emphasis)

I think this is more restrictive than the other airlines as I don't believe they have put an end date to the elimination of change fees. Having said that, I realize that the policies can change or end at any time.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
The full paragraph reads:

Effective today, Hawaiian eliminated change fees for guests who purchase tickets or redeem HawaiianMiles for Main Cabin, Extra Comfort or First/Premium Cabin Class seats. Main Cabin Basic guests, who enjoy the lowest fares between the U.S. mainland and Hawai‘i, can modify their flight date without a change fee for tickets purchased through the end of the year under the airline’s existing COVID-19 waivers.
The narrower language for tickets purchased through year end is specific to basic economy tickets, so they’re consistent with other carriers on that. Doesn’t look like they’re making any changes to standby, which is good for me from a selfish perspective but less good for non-elites.

Old Sep 6, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by WrightHI
The full paragraph reads:

Effective today, Hawaiian eliminated change fees for guests who purchase tickets or redeem HawaiianMiles for Main Cabin, Extra Comfort or First/Premium Cabin Class seats. Main Cabin Basic guests, who enjoy the lowest fares between the U.S. mainland and Hawai‘i, can modify their flight date without a change fee for tickets purchased through the end of the year under the airline’s existing COVID-19 waivers.
The narrower language for tickets purchased through year end is specific to basic economy tickets, so they’re consistent with other carriers on that. Doesn’t look like they’re making any changes to standby, which is good for me from a selfish perspective but less good for non-elites.

Thank you for the clarification.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by sdsearch
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...r-all-flights/

UA, DL, AA, and AS did it earlier in the week. However, Hawaiian is doing it for all flights , while the others are restricting it to mostly domestic flights and maybe a bit beyond.
Yes but HA has very few international flights to begin with

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.