Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Douglas and HA planes parked at HNL

Old Jul 24, 20, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold

A lot of the models have Hurricane Douglas potentially bearing down on Oahu directly as a strong tropical storm.

Is HA going to leave all the parked planes on the runway or HNL - or is anyone in know have knowledge if they tried to move them?
Old Jul 24, 20, 11:47 pm
azj

The movement plan started this afternoon. So far it looks as if 717s will go to KOA and 321/330 will go to the west coast. If there's anything left, like the ones in MX, they'll likely stay in the hanger.
Old Jul 25, 20, 12:38 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by azj View Post
The movement plan started this afternoon. So far it looks as if 717s will go to KOA and 321/330 will go to the west coast. If there's anything left, like the ones in MX, they'll likely stay in the hanger.
Last night news story recaps this: https://www.kitv.com/story/42410908/...=facebook_KITV
Old Jul 26, 20, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I saw the flight movements on the news - the UA flight is in the air to HNL scheduled to land right when it hits, I have to think that will get diverted to KOA
Old Jul 28, 20, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I think all aircraft have to be relocated to another islands airports, not at HNL. HNL is not safe. They could be destroyed the aircraft.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: