Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Tortured Logic for Sea-Ogg Itinerary Change

Old Jul 2, 20, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold

The BH62s had been booked on our "usual" SEA-OGG nonstop flights in F (HA29 & HA30) for Aug5 outbound & Aug15 return. However, today we received a schedule change with routing through HNL both ways, i.e., SEA-HNL-OGG & OGG-HNL-SEA. I questioned HA Reservations & was told that the SEA-OGG flight times were too long, e.g, slightly over 6 hrs, vs SEA-HNL a bit under 6 hrs (5+++) apparently due to Covid19 considerations. This was done apparently with no thought or consideration that a plane change at HNL could involve social distancing/exposure/whatever. The reason for the itinerary change logic escapes me, but perhaps I'm being just too logical.
Old Jul 3, 20, 5:31 pm
azj

Originally Posted by BH62 View Post
The BH62s had been booked on our "usual" SEA-OGG nonstop flights in F (HA29 & HA30) for Aug5 outbound & Aug15 return. However, today we received a schedule change with routing through HNL both ways, i.e., SEA-HNL-OGG & OGG-HNL-SEA. I questioned HA Reservations & was told that the SEA-OGG flight times were too long, e.g, slightly over 6 hrs, vs SEA-HNL a bit under 6 hrs (5+++) apparently due to Covid19 considerations. This was done apparently with no thought or consideration that a plane change at HNL could involve social distancing/exposure/whatever. The reason for the itinerary change logic escapes me, but perhaps I'm being just too logical.
Maybe you just spoke with someone who was guessing. If length of flight was a factor, why would BOS and JFK be starting? SEA-OGG is not restarting on August 1st for very likely, demand reasons.
Old Jul 3, 20, 11:55 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't think of Zebras.

Organizations act with their financial interests in mind. Period.

(
Old Sep 17, 20, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't think of Zebras.

Organizations act with their financial interests in mind. Period.

(
Exactly though it is also important to keep in mind that HA's call center is outsourced and some agents are clueless
Old Sep 18, 20, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
So what did you end up doing for your flight, esp considering Hawaii quarantine rules?
Old Sep 25, 20, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
The quarantine rules, having gone thru an on/off/72hr/etc quasi-panoply, left us with a big uncertainty, so we cancelled that itinerary. Presently, we re-booked for late December.
Old Sep 25, 20, 10:54 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by BH62 View Post
I questioned HA Reservations & was told that the SEA-OGG flight times were too long, e.g, slightly over 6 hrs, vs SEA-HNL a bit under 6 hrs (5+++) apparently due to Covid19 considerations...The reason for the itinerary change logic escapes me, but perhaps I'm being just too logical.
Very tortured logic from HA since SEA-HNL is 37 miles farther than SEA-OGG.
747FC likes this.

Search this Thread