Which airline to credit HA flight

Old Dec 9, 19, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Which airline to credit HA flight

Hello, I have mainland to HI on Hawaiian J coming up.

Can I collect on any FF program other than Hawaiian?

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 19, 5:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, UA/HA
Of the domestic airlines, I think you can only credit to JetBlue at 1.5 points/2 miles (assuming you booked into J and didn't upgrade). Upgrades credit at a lower rate. Call HA to add your number since there's no way to do it online.

You can also credit to China Airlines at 150% mileage for business cabin or Korean Air at 100-150% depending on fare class. In both cases, I believe you have to call HA reservations to add FFP #.

You may also be able to theoretically credit to Virgin Australia Velocity, since it applies to both HA and VA-coded flights, but can't find the mileage earnings chart and am not sure whether that agreement only applies to international flights.
Old Dec 10, 19, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdmca View Post
Hello, I have mainland to HI on Hawaiian J coming up.

Can I collect on any FF program other than Hawaiian?
https://www.wheretocredit.com/hawaiian-airlines/j
Is it full J or a lower business fare booking class?
What other ffp's are you a member of?
But check the fine details for crediting
Old Dec 11, 19, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by CRJ200flyer View Post
You may also be able to theoretically credit to Virgin Australia Velocity, since it applies to both HA and VA-coded flights, but can't find the mileage earnings chart and am not sure whether that agreement only applies to international flights.
Velocity earnings chart for HA is here: https://experience.velocityfrequentf...aiian-airlines
Old Dec 11, 19, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CRJ200flyer View Post
<snip>
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717 View Post
Velocity earnings chart for HA is here: https://experience.velocityfrequentf...aiian-airlines
VA Velocity only accept members from Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific
https://experience.velocityfrequentf...s-conditions#5
5. Membership

5.1 Eligibility and Applying for Membership

5.1.1 An individual is eligible to become a Member if:
(a) they are an individual resident in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Tonga, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Christmas Island or Cocos Island;
Anyway VA has limited intentional routes, few ff partners and is not in one of the big allainces.
Old Dec 25, 19, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Thanks everyone. Ended up crediting to HA. None of the other options would work well for me. It was a paid first seat but discounted (so not full fare J).
Old May 20, 20, 4:55 pm

Heads up, Hawaiian rejected 2 of my 3 flights credited to JetBlue because it was A class, which they say is only eligible for credit if it's an upgrade, and not if bought outright. Guess who will never buying paid first class on Hawaiian again?

The other one credit just fine (same fare class), BTW, so I'm pretty sure they are making it up. The only difference is I paid for those 2 with Ultimate Rewards via the Chase portal.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: