Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Higher prices reserving on phone vs online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Are Hawaiian Airlines fares higher when booking through the phone versus online? I don't mean the booking fee. I know they charge you a fee if you book over the phone, but the price they quoted me was over $100 higher than the online price. I politely declined but never asked about the price discrepancy and booked online instead.

Did the operator just give me a crappy rate and I could have asked her to find a lower one? Or are phone prices normally higher for HA than online prices?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
HA does have web-only fares. So, it is likely that the agent quoted the correct fare (higher than the fare seen on the web). These days, I prefer to book on the web anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.