Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Missing credit for HA Hotels - useless customer service

Old Nov 4, 19, 10:02 am
Original Poster

I got another taste of the legendary uselessness of HA Miles' customer service. I had a hotel stay with their Hawaiian Hotels program (the booking engine is hotels.com) and received no credit for the stay. It's not a huge number of missing miles, but I booked it with HA Hotels because it would be an activity to prevent the expiration of a sizeable amount of miles. I haven't been very active in this program to be fair, partly also because of the near-complete lack of support when things go sideways. Through the website I've sent a couple of messages and all they do is give me the runaround, coming up with new excuses for why the miles haven't posted (the stay was over 2 months ago). I have used the 800 number in the past, and found the whole experience extremely frustrating, but I might try it again. Any suggestion - in addition to HUCA - so that I may find someone with half a clue who could help me?

Has anyone ever used their Hawaiian Hotels program and received miles? I've recently used a similar program from AA a few times (booking.com is behind that), and it only took a couple of weeks and 1 email to straighten out a missing stay.
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
I do not have any suggestions about Hawaiian Airlines and hotel credits.

I have repeatedly encountered terrible Customer Service from Hawaiian Airlines. My experience in Honolulu, and on the main land, with their airport check-in staff and on board cabin crew, have consistently manifested unreliably to the point of intentionally misleading passengers :-(
Old Nov 5, 19, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Never had any major problem once onboard. In fact, in the past I've found the inflight service among the best in the business, at least with respect with domestic airlines (I know, it's not saying much...). But it's been almost a couple of years since I've flown with them. It's their HA Miles programs that's very lackluster, and offers basically no support when things don't go right. There doesn't seem to be a HA rep on this board, and nobody who knows or can do anything when you call. They probably think that they have captive customers on the Islands, but I wonder if WN plans an expansion of their interisland service in the future...

Anyway, any suggestion for getting some help? (Other than using a diffferent program next time, of course)
Old Nov 5, 19, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Complain to DOT - that will force them to reply
Old Nov 5, 19, 4:03 pm

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
Complain to DOT - that will force them to reply
About missing hotel credits? Really? Will DOT respond if one has a problem with an HA credit card?
Old Nov 5, 19, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

A DOT complaint seems definitely inappropriate, even if it was a few thousand miles (and it's less than that). I was hoping someone here had a CS contact suggestion, but I guess all CS is outsourced to the Philippines, and the agents there are probably just getting paid enough to stall and mumble until you go away...
Old Nov 5, 19, 5:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, UA/HA
Originally Posted by honu View Post
A DOT complaint seems definitely inappropriate, even if it was a few thousand miles (and it's less than that). I was hoping someone here had a CS contact suggestion, but I guess all CS is outsourced to the Philippines, and the agents there are probably just getting paid enough to stall and mumble until you go away...

The Honolulu-based consumer affairs team can be reached at [email protected] - I'd send them an email and see if you get anywhere.
Old Nov 7, 19, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CRJ200flyer View Post
The Honolulu-based consumer affairs team can be reached at [email protected] - I'd send them an email and see if you get anywhere.
Hey, thanks! That's exactly what I was hoping to find here... meanwhile, I just discovered that, somehow, my missing miles seem to have posted. I wonder if someone from HA Miles checks this forum from time to time... But I'll keep the email in mind for the next time I need help. Thanks again!

Search this Thread