Entertainment now free on HA Transpacific

Old Jul 2, 19, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Entertainment now free on HA Transpacific

Got an email yesterday, it looks like movies and TV shows are now free on HA transpacific flights.

Old Jul 2, 19, 2:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Looks like they discovered they were the only ones charging for this. Competition can be a good thing
747FC, Rifleman69 and railmatt like this.
Old Jul 2, 19, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by AZjohns View Post
Looks like they discovered they were the only ones charging for this. Competition can be a good thing
Now can plats and golds please have complimentary access to extra legroom coach on some kind of a vaguely competitive basis? The current policy is a significant part of why I fly HA to the mainland at most one RT/year. I'll use my plat upgrade certificates if I can do that without imperiling AS requalification, but I just can't get my head around paying up for extra legroom when I can get it elsewhere for free, especially when they won't even credit the payup toward a cash upgrade to first if one of those is available at checkin.
747FC and rallyeHI like this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 12:02 am

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Originally Posted by WrightHI View Post
Now can plats and golds please have complimentary access to extra legroom coach on some kind of a vaguely competitive basis? The current policy is a significant part of why I fly HA to the mainland at most one RT/year.
That is why I returned to flying United, where my Gold status gets the equivalent of "Extra Comfort" at the time of reservation. The only time I fly coach on HA is when they are have non-stop to my destination and I can use my AMEX benefit to get a Extra Comfort reimbursed.
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:17 am
azj

Main cabin domestic entertainment was free from June 1st, aligning with the international/BOS/JFK flights. And yes, it's about time!
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:26 am

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
It's about time, even though I upgraded my July trip to Extra Comfort to get some free entertainment (TV and More). Now, I can watch movies for free. I think they should add an upgraded meal service for Extra Comfort passengers. IIRC, they did this for a while. Literally, they could spend $5 more per meal and really provide a tangible benefit for Extra Comfort.
Old Jul 9, 19, 1:12 pm

Now I know why the entertainment was free!! Recently flew and I was ready to pay extra for my kid's entertainment and notice no charge to watch. I guess I didn't see the notice. The free entertainment makes the flight go lot faster!
Old Aug 18, 19, 8:50 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717 View Post
Got an email yesterday, it looks like movies and TV shows are now free on HA transpacific flights.

Good news, I assume with no more 767's all flights offer this.

Search this Thread