Carry-on Size for SMF-OGG Flight?

Old May 29, 19, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Carry-on Size for SMF-OGG Flight?

Just wondering if anyone has measured the carry-on sizers. Or if anyone has pictures. I have a flight coming up from SMF-OGG and my bag is 22.5x14.5x9 just slightly bigger than the advertised 22x14x9.
Old May 29, 19, 10:54 am

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Unless you are otherwise attracting attention to yourself and carryons, don't worry about it.
Old May 29, 19, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by dtam916 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has measured the carry-on sizers. Or if anyone has pictures. I have a flight coming up from SMF-OGG and my bag is 22.5x14.5x9 just slightly bigger than the advertised 22x14x9.
I have the same situation Iím just going to chance my way through and hope the measuring tape doesnít come out lol..
Old May 29, 19, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Judging by some of the steamer trunks I see going down the aisles, sizers and measuring tapes need not be high on your lists of things to worry about.
Aidan likes this.
Old May 31, 19, 2:19 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
If you get it by TSA - you'll get it on the plane. Bin space on Hawaii flights, unlike mainland flights, in my opinion, never have issues regarding running out.....
Old Jun 11, 19, 5:37 pm

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Just one caveat that I have found with HA over the years. Do NOT bring large carry-ons up to the ticket counter, if you are checking a bag. One time, the agent insisted on weighing it because the "official" limit is 25 pounds. It was funny because my carry-on was only 18 pounds that time.

That one experience left a bad taste in my mouth. After all, I just paid them for one bag and they were trying to extract another bag fee. I didn't fly HA again to Hawaii for secral years because of that poor treatment.
Old Jun 17, 19, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
Just one caveat that I have found with HA over the years. Do NOT bring large carry-ons up to the ticket counter, if you are checking a bag. One time, the agent insisted on weighing it because the "official" limit is 25 pounds. It was funny because my carry-on was only 18 pounds that time.

That one experience left a bad taste in my mouth. After all, I just paid them for one bag and they were trying to extract another bag fee. I didn't fly HA again to Hawaii for secral years because of that poor treatment.
Got it.. Thanks for the tip. I will have other members of my party 'go to the bathroom' with the carry-ons if we have any bags to check in.
formeraa likes this.
Old Jun 19, 19, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dtam916 View Post
Got it.. Thanks for the tip. I will have other members of my party 'go to the bathroom' with the carry-ons if we have any bags to check in.
This is the best strategy!

Search this Thread