FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Carry-on Size for SMF-OGG Flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1971727-carry-size-smf-ogg-flight.html)

dtam916 May 29, 2019 12:06 am

Carry-on Size for SMF-OGG Flight?

Just wondering if anyone has measured the carry-on sizers. Or if anyone has pictures. I have a flight coming up from SMF-OGG and my bag is 22.5x14.5x9 just slightly bigger than the advertised 22x14x9.

747FC May 29, 2019 10:54 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Unless you are otherwise attracting attention to yourself and carryons, don't worry about it.

Aidan May 29, 2019 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by dtam916 (Post 31148351)
Just wondering if anyone has measured the carry-on sizers. Or if anyone has pictures. I have a flight coming up from SMF-OGG and my bag is 22.5x14.5x9 just slightly bigger than the advertised 22x14x9.

I have the same situation I’m just going to chance my way through and hope the measuring tape doesn’t come out lol..

WrightHI May 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Judging by some of the steamer trunks I see going down the aisles, sizers and measuring tapes need not be high on your lists of things to worry about.

HNLbasedFlyer May 31, 2019 2:19 am

If you get it by TSA - you'll get it on the plane. Bin space on Hawaii flights, unlike mainland flights, in my opinion, never have issues regarding running out.....

formeraa Jun 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Just one caveat that I have found with HA over the years. Do NOT bring large carry-ons up to the ticket counter, if you are checking a bag. One time, the agent insisted on weighing it because the "official" limit is 25 pounds. It was funny because my carry-on was only 18 pounds that time. :)

That one experience left a bad taste in my mouth. After all, I just paid them for one bag and they were trying to extract another bag fee. I didn't fly HA again to Hawaii for secral years because of that poor treatment.

dtam916 Jun 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 31193443)
Just one caveat that I have found with HA over the years. Do NOT bring large carry-ons up to the ticket counter, if you are checking a bag. One time, the agent insisted on weighing it because the "official" limit is 25 pounds. It was funny because my carry-on was only 18 pounds that time. :)

That one experience left a bad taste in my mouth. After all, I just paid them for one bag and they were trying to extract another bag fee. I didn't fly HA again to Hawaii for secral years because of that poor treatment.

Got it.. Thanks for the tip. I will have other members of my party 'go to the bathroom' with the carry-ons if we have any bags to check in.

formeraa Jun 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by dtam916 (Post 31212551)
Got it.. Thanks for the tip. I will have other members of my party 'go to the bathroom' with the carry-ons if we have any bags to check in.

This is the best strategy!