Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA from OAK, arrive 3 hours early!?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles

I need a reality check. Tomorrow I'm flying OAK-LIH. I'm a "if you don't miss the flight once in a while you're arriving too early" kind of guy. I generally arrive at the airport just over an hour before the flight if I'm flying international.

HA says to arrive at the airport 2.5 hours without bags and three hours with bags. That seems crazy to me but I've never flown HA before.

Realistically, given HA's OAK operations and policies, how early should I arrive at OAK to check a bag and get on a Sunday 8:15a flight?

Thank you!

-- Sal
smile.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:03 pm

I would get there by 7am, no later than 7:15am. (At the kiosk, ready to check in.)

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our...rport-check-in
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles
FWIW (our flight was before LIH Prem posted), we got there at 6:45 (1 hour 30 minutes early) and had time to eat breakfast, watch the planes, and buy food for the flight (inother words, a total waste of 30 minutes). If anyone is reading in this in the future, however, I'd totally go with what LIH Prem said, particularly since a slow Kiosk line could easily have eaten another 15 minutes.

Thank you!
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
First of all with HA, you need to find out when the ticket counter opens. Sometimes, it is not open 3 hours before departure, but also it may close 1 hour prior to departure. Since most of their flights are once per day (or less) from the mainland, I always suggest getting to the airport early. However, 2 hours is plenty to check in luggage and get through security at most airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.