Hawaiian Air Vacation Packages?

Old May 23, 19, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat 75k, CA Phoenix Gold
Hawaiian Air Vacation Packages?

Booking a vacation package from "Hawaiian Air Vacations" ? BEWARE !

I recently received a "Limited Time Offer" email promotion from Hawaiian Air that, on the surface, looked really attractive. It was billed as "Get $100 off your next vacation and earn 10,000 Hawaiian Miles." and it came directly from Hawaiian Airlines. Everything went smoothly, except that the 10,000 Miles never materialized in my Hawaiian Miles account, even waiting almost 9 weeks after trip completion.

When I finally called the number shown on "Hawaiian Vacations" booking docs, it appeared that they seemed to be either a third party entity, or some really isolated department within HA. In any case, "Hawaiian Vacation" claim that the 10,000 Miles should be the responsibility of the Hawaiian Miles department and simply keep forwarding any calls there.

The Miles team was very helpful and responsive - as they usually are - and asked me to open a support case through the web site and provide documentation. But then then they simply took what I provided and sent it on to some non-customer facing "Support Team". That Support team simply seems to act as "sinkhole" of inter departmental customer issues, never responding to any internal inquiries. That is the impression I got from Hawaiian Miles staff when I kept pushing. In any case, no amount of prodding through HA Miles team gets even a basic response on the content of the issue.

This is where it has been stuck ever since!

Similar experiences with booking a Vacation Package anyone?

Last edited by Alex909; May 23, 19 at 8:37 pm
Old May 23, 19, 9:00 pm

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Sorry to hear of your experience. Hawaiian Miles are basically worthless, so your magnitude of your loss is minimized.
Old May 24, 19, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Probably true, but I am just simply still a little bit stunned and feel that this is a matter of principle. I generally have really good experiences with flying on HA, literally hundreds of trips over the last 10 years. But, here... really??? Either the HA interdepartmental issue resolution process is broken, and it can't resolve something as simple as an unfulfilled promise? Or, worse, the Vacations Group is engaging in deceptive advertising? Either scenario doesn't look good.

Picture: Original Ad received per email early March.

Last edited by Alex909; May 24, 19 at 2:38 pm
Old May 24, 19, 2:33 pm

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Originally Posted by Alex909 View Post
Probably true, but I am just simply still a little bit stunned and feel that this is a matter of principle. I generally have really good experiences with flying on HA, literally hundreds of trips over the last 10 years. But, here... really??? Either the HA interdepartmental issue resolution process is completely broken, and it can't resolve something as simple as an unfulfilled promise? Or, worse, the Vacations Group is engaging in deceptive advertising? Either scenario doesn't look good. God forbid an accident happens someday and you find yourself having to claim compensation from the same unaccountable customer culture I am encountering here.
Id assume incompetence rather than malice. If you have the energy to pursue, write to the HA president and their office should forward to the appropriate resolution source.
Old May 24, 19, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Send them an email - you can find it on the website, so you can start a written paper trail.....
Old May 24, 19, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
Send them an email - you can find it on the website, so you can start a written paper trail.....
Thanks... already sent proof/copy of all receipts + promotion via web site email last week and received the following response:
Thank you for contacting Hawaiian Airlines.We will need to send a copy of this document you have sent us to our support team.We appreciate your patience, as some cases may require time for review and verification. Mahalo,Queen/D2, HawaiianMiles Service Center
Called the Miles Service Center several times since then. Was told over and over that the "Support Team" mentioned in their response quoted above is, "simply not responding to our [internal] inquiries."

Last edited by Alex909; May 24, 19 at 5:59 pm
Old May 25, 19, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Alex909 View Post
Thanks... already sent proof/copy of all receipts + promotion via web site email last week and received the following response:
Called the Miles Service Center several times since then. Was told over and over that the "Support Team" mentioned in their response quoted above is, "simply not responding to our [internal] inquiries."
Its HawaiianAirlines - not on the Mainland, it may take several more weeks.
Old May 26, 19, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Yes, good old Hawaiian Time... If it leads to a little more badly needed humanity in the life of our corporate structures, then I'm all in. Let's give the HA org the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. Ho'omau!

Last edited by Alex909; May 26, 19 at 2:34 pm
Old May 30, 19, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Just to close the loop: The outstanding miles were posted yesterday. This restores my faith in the HA customer issue resolution process. Thank you everybody for your comments

Thank you for your patience. We have successfully posted the 10,000 bonus miles from the requested vacation package promotion. Please note that on your online account, the bonus miles activity was backdated March 17, 2019. Feel free to let us know if you have further question. Mahalo, Queen/D2, HawaiianMiles Service Center
747FC likes this.
Old May 31, 19, 2:15 am

Congrats! They figure it out.

Eventually.

Search this Thread