Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Flight SAN-OGG

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
First Class Flight SAN-OGG

Had a very nice first class flight from San Diego to Maui about 10 days ago. The Flight was nice except for one surly female flight attendant who did not smile until wishing people goodbye when leaving the plane. The male flight attendant working first class was superb. The flight departed a little early and arrived in Maui about 20 minutes early. Luggage took almost 30 minutes to get while on my return the baggage from Alaska airlines was already at the carousel by the time I got there.

Lots of food and drink. See a picture of the breakfast. Also served a package of the snack mix and then some Maui Chips later in the flight. Probably the most food I have had on a domestic flight in years. Free flowing drinks from before take off till about 20 minutes propr to landing. Drinks were not too strong as I had a Mimosa before takeoff then 3 Mai Tais. The I Pad they give you to watch movies was small but there was a large selection.

If you leave from San Diego the Hawaiian check-in desk is the very last desk area to the left as you face terminal 2 and a long walk from the drop-off point. Much easier to check in outside. We made the mistake as there was a line outside.

Breakfast on the Plane
Old May 23, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I hope you give HA feedback about the surly FA...
Old May 24, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
I hope you give HA feedback about the surly FA...
I hope people aren't giving feedback based on lack of a perceived smile.....
Toula likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I hope people aren't giving feedback based on lack of a perceived smile.....
I hope people are giving feedback based upon perceived surliness.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by 747FC

I hope people are giving feedback based upon perceived surliness.
I mean this seriously - you'd report someone if they didn't smile at you and jeopardize their career?
Old May 25, 2019, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I mean this seriously - you'd report someone if they didn't smile at you and jeopardize their career?
I don’t waste my time reporting poor employees unless there is an outreach effort by the employer or if there was a major incident. I certainly wouldn’t report lack of a smile. However, the OP said that the FA was surly, one definition of which is bad tempered or grumpy. If the FA is a good employee a single report would have no deleterious effect on the FA’s career. If the FA was routinely surly, then multiple reports would either help this FA improve, or the FA might find a new line of work.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by holocker
Drinks were not too strong as I had a Mimosa before takeoff then 3 Mai Tais. The I Pad they give you to watch movies was small but there was a large selection.
You may be interested to know that the cocktails on HA are premixed, so there's no risk of stronger or weaker drinks, at least for the Mai Tai, Tropical Landing, and Moloka'i Mule. They're all 20% ABV (40 proof) and bottled not by a company in Hawaii, but in Kentucky. I realized this after a great crew on a recent A330 flight gave me a whole bag of them to take home.
Old May 31, 2019, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by metallo
They're all 20% ABV (40 proof) and bottled not by a company in Hawaii, but in Kentucky. I realized this after a great crew on a recent A330 flight gave me a whole bag of them to take home.
We no longer have sugar cane in Hawaii - your Pineapple probably came from the Philippines (especially on the plane) - Kona Brewing is bottled on the mainland (there have been lawsuits) - it is what it is. Hawaii is a wonderful place, we just don't make a lot of things.

On the flip side, our gas (at least on Oahu) is cheaper than the SF Bay Area where I just returned, which is odd to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.