Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA's lowest fares not available on expedia, chase, etc?

Old Feb 5, 19, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold

Just noticed this quirk when trying to book an upcoming interisland flight. Google flights correctly shows that booked directly through HA, the fare is $15-20 less than if booked via expedia/orbitz/etc, which is obnoxious for me because I'd like to use our UR points via the chase portal, but looks like we'd have to pay a small premium to do that. I didn't realize HA did this?
Old Feb 5, 19, 7:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I've seen that in the past too.
Old Feb 7, 19, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
They are trying to incent you to book direct to avoid the fees they pay to Orbitz and to upsell you to preferred seats, etc at booking.....
Old Feb 9, 19, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, UA 1K, AA 2mm LT PLT/f
So that explains my recent experience. Helped a friend buy a AKL-SAN J ticket on ChaseTravel.com (expedia.com search engine) for the 1.5x UR discount. Hawaiian J was simply not an option on any itinerary. I even tested AKL-HNL and nothing. It would let us buy Economy but not Business. He wound up buying a AKL-SFO-SAN ticket on United. Smart move HA.
Old Feb 15, 19, 9:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold,Hilton HHonors Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
Just ran into this trying to book an inter island flight through chase’s portal (Expedia). Oh well.

Search this Thread