Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Best time to buy tickets for September 2019?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ITA

I am thinking of coming back to Hawaii in September 2019. While 2 years ago I was on a premium ticket from Italy, this time premium ticket will fly me into LAX only. So I will buy a separate ticket from mainland to Hawaii. If I start looking now, the prices are rather ridiculous (too high).
The question is: is it too early to look into September tickets? Can the prices still go down? Does HA make any special prices for mailand during the year? How much should I wait to buy the ticket?
Thank you
Anna
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
$150 LAX-HNL one way tickets for September 2018 travel became available at the end of August. You’re looking way too early for next year September 2019 travel.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Actually, I do understand that it's a bit early to talk about next September. But on the same time I would like to avoid waiting for the end of August to purchase the tickets since I will book the cars and hotels
What is the fair price to pay for an economy LAX-KOA normally?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by annaschummi
Actually, I do understand that it's a bit early to talk about next September. But on the same time I would like to avoid waiting for the end of August to purchase the tickets since I will book the cars and hotels
What is the fair price to pay for an economy LAX-KOA normally?
I'd use Google Flights to get a sense of pricing: https://www.google.com/flights/
annaschummi likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by slippahs
$150 LAX-HNL one way tickets for September 2018 travel became available at the end of August. You’re looking way too early for next year September 2019 travel.
Agreed - I wouldn't book this earlier than mid-August 2019 unless something crazy happens with oil prices.....
annaschummi likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Well, I will be travelling from Italy and I am a bit afraid to buy them THAT late.
I will make a question another way - what is a reasonable price to wait for for a LAX-HNL one way?
As a return flight I would like to arrive to SFO, from OGG perhaps.

Another question: is Labor Day weekend considered high period for travel in Hawaii?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 25, 2018 at 7:15 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by annaschummi
Another question: is Labor Day weekend considered high period for travel in Hawaii?
Labor Day Weekend is the end of high season in Hawaii - although not as busy as 4th of July
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:02 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Moderator's Note - Recent posts that were more general in nature (and not specific to any of the Hawaii-based airlines) have been moved to the following thread: Maui and Big Island Advice Sought for Two Italians Travelling to Hawaii

Mahalo,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii-Based Airlines Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.