Hawaiian Airlines first class meals

Old Jan 6, 20, 12:21 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Hawaiian sure seems to like pork:

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our...ks/menus/japan

Isn't it a bit odd that there is no other protien options for the Japanese menu (Hawaii to Japan), or the Light Dinner menu?

And, while other carriers use chicken or vegetable-based protien sausages, Hawaiian uses pork sausages...
Old Jan 7, 20, 1:02 am

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I fly a shorter flight in F and still bring airport food in case I dislike the airline meal. But I bring food mostly in case the plane gets stuck on the tarmac like that Northwest plane in the 1990s. I prefer to not feel really hungry.
Old Jan 12, 20, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
Hawaiian sure seems to like pork:

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our...ks/menus/japan

Isn't it a bit odd that there is no other protien options for the Japanese menu (Hawaii to Japan), or the Light Dinner menu?

And, while other carriers use chicken or vegetable-based protien sausages, Hawaiian uses pork sausages...
Food, in my opinion, is not one of Hawaiian's strengths. You'd certainly do better with ANA or Japan Airlines although I admittedly prefer UA for the 1-2-1 seating.
747FC likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 2:25 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
Food, in my opinion, is not one of Hawaiian's strengths. You'd certainly do better with ANA or Japan Airlines although I admittedly prefer UA for the 1-2-1 seating.
For sure. I'll be in ANA F in a few weeks
Old Jan 19, 20, 3:04 am

Swapping Food

Any chance we can get Main Cabin food in first class? I have allergies and food restrictions, and the first class main courses all have food I cannot eat. The main cabin menu, interestingly enough, is food I have no issues with. Does anyone know if I can request that food instead?
FBWFTW likes this.
Old Jan 19, 20, 8:34 am

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott,SPG
Originally Posted by cali-gal View Post
Any chance we can get Main Cabin food in first class? I have allergies and food restrictions, and the first class main courses all have food I cannot eat. The main cabin menu, interestingly enough, is food I have no issues with. Does anyone know if I can request that food instead?
Me too, but for a different reason. I'm just not fond of Hawaiian food. I'd just prefer a steak or chicken without Hawaiian style preparation. (I realize an HA coach meal isn't going to be a steak)
FBWFTW likes this.
Old Jan 19, 20, 1:30 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by cali-gal View Post
Originally Posted by JIMCHI View Post
Me too, but for a different reason. I'm just not fond of Hawaiian food. I'd just prefer a steak or chicken without Hawaiian style preparation. (I realize an HA coach meal isn't going to be a steak)

This is an interesting idea, while I’m fond of hawaiian food-the lack of a reliable backup option worries me. I’m flying with the family from BOS in F this coming week. We picked row 3 for the windows/privacy and I’ve heard from reliable sources that they generally “cater enough for all to have their choice of menu items” but I completely understand someone wanting something more plain. I may very well try and ask for a Y snack meal (the sandwiches etc.) if there’s no meat option available in F. Will report back.
Old Jan 19, 20, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott,SPG
Originally Posted by FBWFTW View Post
. We picked row 3 for the windows/privacy .
What is different with the windows/privacy in row 3 vs. rows 1 and 2 ?? Aren't there windows in those rows?
Old Yesterday, 4:37 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by JIMCHI View Post
What is different with the windows/privacy in row 3 vs. rows 1 and 2 ?? Aren't there windows in those rows?
Row 3A/J have 4 windows and are tucked in the back corner of the cabin-both physically and theoretically speaking-they’re away from the galley/lavatory noise that you’d have in Row 1. Row 2 is in the middle. Row 3-tucked in the corner.

3J From a TPG review of the cabin on JFK-HNL iirc.

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/2016/05/h...usiness-class/

As you can see in the above pic and link, 3A/J are cozily tucked away. Row 2 would’ve been my second choice but I would def have avoided row 1. The lav is up on the port side on the A/B side and the galley is on the HJ side. In addition, it seems all the seats have the same ottoman so unlike say UA’s 767’s the bulkhead seat doesn’t get you a wider ottoman. In the end, it’s all on personal preference. Every single review I’ve seen to date has recommended 3A/J

Search this Thread
Search Engine: