Search

SFO / OGG plane downgrade!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
SFO / OGG plane downgrade!

Omg HA42 OGG to SFO was downgraded to old config. Any chance of a cash credit, how would off I go about getting it?
I'm freaking out but I guess no remedy? The SFO/OGG leg was downgraded because of a Mx part issue. I appreciate being on a plane but omg.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Freaking out?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by gaobest
Omg HA42 OGG to SFO was downgraded to old config. Any chance of a cash credit, how would off I go about getting it?
I'm freaking out but I guess no remedy? The SFO/OGG leg was downgraded because of a Mx part issue. I appreciate being on a plane but omg.
Really? Until ALL planes are reconfigured, this is always a possibility (check all airlines' reconfiguration threads). Did you not receive a seat in the proper class of service?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by gaobest
I suppose it depends what you are expecting the credit for.

I was on a flight from OGG to LAX in Nov (booked in Extra Comfort) that was downgraded from an A330 to a 767 (with no Extra Comfort seating). Exactly as HA had advised, my credit card was refunded for the amount of the Extra Comfort charges within days (I didn't have to do anything at all).
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
It's so hard to go from new plane to the former less-great plane, esp from lie-flat to angled seat.
To add insult, bags came out late at SFO but I know it's not HA's control. It's just frustrating.
Blah
the pog pie was amazing, though, but would have been extra amazing if the plane hadn't had a downgrade.

There were 3 empty seats in F, including next to my wife.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.