"Free wifi" no longer available at OGG?

Old Apr 3, 18, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
"Free wifi" no longer available at OGG?

Departed OGG a couple of days ago & tried to access an app on my iPhone, but was apparently taken to an airport site that wanted a log-in subscription ($$). Is this new or am I mistaken? Last previous trip thru OGG was in early January (2018) & don't recall anything like that. Most /all US airports have "free" wi-fi, has there been a change at OGG?
Old Apr 3, 18, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by BH62 View Post
Departed OGG a couple of days ago & tried to access an app on my iPhone, but was apparently taken to an airport site that wanted a log-in subscription ($$). Is this new or am I mistaken? Last previous trip thru OGG was in early January (2018) & don't recall anything like that. Most /all US airports have "free" wi-fi, has there been a change at OGG?
HIDOT is slowly rolling out Boingo wifi throughout the Hawaiian airports, starting with HNL. OGG never had free wifi before, and last I checked the installation was not complete at OGG. Perhaps you departed a gate in January that had Boingo installed and departed a gate this month that didn't?
Old Apr 11, 18, 1:08 pm

Programs: HA
Last time I flew from OGG to HNL (Feb 2018), there was no free wifi. I'm happy to hear they are working on implementing it.
Old May 28, 18, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
They should be free wifi at Hawaiian airports. They want free wifi. They don't have to pay.

Search this Thread