American Samoa using Miles

Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Question American Samoa using Miles

Hi I'm new to FlyerTalk and was hoping to get some insight for a trip that I am working on. I've tried to do my own research before starting a new thread and looking through old posts but if I missed one just let me know. I am needing to fly from Honolulu-Pago Pago (American Samoa). My understanding is that the only airline that currently flies this route is Hawaiian Airlines. From Hawaiian Airlines award chart it seems that it's technically possible to book one way tickets to American Samoa as low as 27,500 miles per one way ticket, however so far the cheapest I have found has been right around 44,000 miles per one way ticket. My original plan had been to use the sign up bonus for the Hawaiian Airlines Bank of Hawaii credit card (50,000 miles at times) to pay for a round trip ticket knowing that I would need to spend some more on this card to meet the full 55,000 miles needed. My wife and I would both sign up for this card so that everything would be fully covered with miles. Since it does not seem that the lowest mileage fares are readily available I'm trying to look into alternatives or potentially transferring points over to Hawaiian Air. I'm aware that I could try and build up SPG or AMEX membership rewards points to transfer to Hawaiian but just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else that I was missing or not aware of. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: DL GM
Hawaiian is the only airline on this route, and they only fly it twice a week (Monday nights and Thursday nights). The flights are usually full as there is the limited supply of seats and always demand for travel back and forth. Therefore, I wouldn't expect to see any great mileage deals for that route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.