Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HNL>SMF in Nov. 2018; still the 767? Seat help, please?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

HA shows the 767 as the jets which will be used for departure and return from Sacramento to Honolulu in November 2018. I'm choosing the seats. I like the little "mini cabin" in the front but I recall few details about the seat numbers which are in the mini-cabin as well as which row has *no* window. SeatGuru isn't helping. Do any of you know?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just because it says 767 now does not guarantee that's what you'll get. Over the next year they will be phasing them out and replacing them with the new A321neo. By November there's a good chance they may not be used on that route anymore.

I'm not a fan of the mini cabin as there's less leg room than the standard coach seats. Not all 767s have the minicabin. If yours does, it will be clearly shown on the seatmap on the HA website. I believe it's the rearmost row of the minicabin that's missing windows.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the wisdom, Kumulani. We'll keep the seats and watch for a A321neo announcement--and the seat shuffle will begin! (I *do* like the two-across outside seating on the 767, despite the craft's increasing age, though; it's kinda nice to just snuggle together with Mr. Ukalady on the flights and have no "stranger" to share the row with...)
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:50 pm
azj

Originally Posted by Ukalady
Thanks for the wisdom, Kumulani. We'll keep the seats and watch for a A321neo announcement--and the seat shuffle will begin! (I *do* like the two-across outside seating on the 767, despite the craft's increasing age, though; it's kinda nice to just snuggle together with Mr. Ukalady on the flights and have no "stranger" to share the row with...)
By November 2018 there will likely be only 4 767s left in the fleet. If SMF does go to the 321, there are actually a few "pairs" of seats to choose from, in the HA configuration.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:15 am
Original Poster

So if there was a flip to the 321 for this route, what has happened in the past in reassigning passengers who've already reserved seats? I know seat reservations are really just an indicated preference and not "guaranteed..but I'm wondering what historically has happened in this situation? Are booked passengers informed at the time of the plane reassignment and then given the opportunity to review their seat selection? Or is it something I should keep an eye on because I won't be told when there's been a new plane style assigned...or ???
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:28 am
azj

Originally Posted by Ukalady
So if there was a flip to the 321 for this route, what has happened in the past in reassigning passengers who've already reserved seats? I know seat reservations are really just an indicated preference and not "guaranteed..but I'm wondering what historically has happened in this situation? Are booked passengers informed at the time of the plane reassignment and then given the opportunity to review their seat selection? Or is it something I should keep an eye on because I won't be told when there's been a new plane style assigned...or ???
I'm not sure what they'd do actually. If seating is high priority for you, I'd just watch the reservation. I'd also monitor HA announcements that pertain to the 321 that may tip you off to a change. While they may not outright announce a transition to the 321, it could be additional news within a bigger announcement,
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: HA Platinum, UA Silver
I would guess your flight is more likely to be up-gauged to the A332 w/ lie flat seats than down-gauged to the A321neo.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:58 pm
azj

Originally Posted by Mokuea
I would guess your flight is more likely to be up-gauged to the A332 w/ lie flat seats than down-gauged to the A321neo.
I'm not so sure. SMF seems to be just the kind of city that they'd split into multiple flights using the 321neo. It's just a guess, but I envision SMF-HNL and SMF-OGG both on the 321. More options and more seats for the SMF market is great. Although... if there's any kind of seeping from the SMF catchment area to all the HA options from OAK, SMF could very well just continue on with 1 flight a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.