On the ground customer service fail

Old Oct 5, 17, 7:33 am
Original Poster

On the ground customer service fail

Two days ago we flew from OGG to HNL in the early pm on Hawaiian to catch our flight back to the mainland on AA. My son uses a wheelchair and was labeled as such on his ticket that he would need assistance. The people working customer service on the ground where you check in at OGG were less than helpful to say the least. Mass chaos, nobody to ask questions/receive help with the baggage or check-in.

So we did manage to get help at the gate getting him on and off the plane. However, then trying to get somebody to help us with the luggage and him to get from HA to AA after getting to HNL was a joke. Everybody standing around doing nothing. Asking questions and getting no answers, like which way to get to AA. No porters available and the Wiki buss was apparently not running. So we ended up walking the half mile to AA with a wheelchair, luggage cart and my other son who is Autistic. I could tell you more about AA (another fail), but this is not the correct forum.

We usually interline the luggage, but apparently they stopped doing this early this year because of liability issues? They will only interline if the entire group of flights was booked through Hawaiian.
Old Oct 6, 17, 3:56 am

Programs: HA Platinum, DL Silver
Sorry to hear about your experience.

But I'm not surprised because I think the HA OGG station is the worst in the system and I've been to almost all of them--HNL, OGG, LIH, ITO, KOA, LNY (technically 'Ohana), SEA, PDX, SMF, SFO, SJC, OAK, LAX, SAN, PHX, LAS, JFK, HND, KIX, and PPT.

The personnel are unhelpful, not friendly, and have no Aloha.
Had they made the effort to assist you w/ arranging a porter to meet you in HNL w/ a wheelchair to help you transfer to AA, I'm sure your experience would have been much less stressful.
Old Oct 6, 17, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Yes, this was our 2nd time at OGG and it was even worse than the first time we were there. Now last year when we were at LIH, we had a wonderful experience and a porter who took care of everything. They need to train the people at OGG to show more aloha.

Search this Thread