Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Booked EC seats (LAX-HNL)- posted charge to CC and online receipt price is for Main

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked EC seats (LAX-HNL)- posted charge to CC and online receipt price is for Main

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver

So, as this title implies, I just booked seats for myself and dear spouse on flight HA1 leaving LAX heading to HNL at 7:00A. The flight is for later this month.

My cause for concern is this: I used the hold fare option at HA's website. the posted fare charge for EC was $328pp after taxes and fees. So total airfare for two should be $656. I also purchased trip insurance (like it, love it, hate it, I buy it and that's that) for $32.80.

After submitting all of my information, the purchase page hung and hung and hung. I've had this happen on American's website once or twice. Typically, I've gotten an email confirmation almost instantly so even with a hang up, I know my purchase went through. When I didn't get the email right away, I started to get nervous. After a minute or two- and fearing a double charge if I hit refresh- I logged onto my bank website, knowing that if the charge had gone through I should at least see a temporary hold in my account for the funds.

Good news? There's a temp hold in my account for the trip insurance at the right price (HA charges 5% of the airfare as their rate). And there's a temp hold for airfare from Hawaiian.

Bad news? The airfare rate is WRONG. It's for main cabin NOT for Extra Comfort.

Fearing the worst, I open another window (the original window is still hanging meanwhile) and navigate to my account. The trip shows in upcoming trips. My seats for EC show as what I picked. There is a confirmation number for the trip insurance. There are E ticket numbers and Hawaiian miles numbers where they should be. All looks good....except....the E ticket receipt ALSO shows the WRONG airfare. It's the main cabin rate, not the Extra Comfort rate.

Ticket status says it's OK for both of us, though the Class says G. I've read that HA will dump EC seat purchases into any fare class bucket so I don't know what to make of this.

I still haven't gotten an email confirmation.

We're stopping over at LAX for the weekend. We're coming from BOS, but HNL is our actual vacation destination and I hate to think of getting to the airport half way through our trip and not being able to go to our final destination. However, my one other dealing with HA for this trip has already lead to frustration- the fare hold we'd had originally was cancelled by the system per the phone agent and we were not notified nor refunded for the hold- nor were we even apologized to. That was on a different confirmation code. But my faith in HA's customer service or IT is already a little gun shy.

Has anyone had this happen? I'm going to give it the night and see what the morning turns up, and if nothing else call. But I'm envisioning being told that they need to cancel the ticket or some other thing and then having to pay for the tickets again.....
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It's normal for EC to not show on the main eTicket receipt. Those charges will be on a separate receipt with its own ticket number, which you can find under "Seat Upgrade Receipt #" on the booking page. Fare class is irrelevant because Extra Comfort is not a separate class.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Kumulani
It's normal for EC to not show on the main eTicket receipt. Those charges will be on a separate receipt with its own ticket number, which you can find under "Seat Upgrade Receipt #" on the booking page. Fare class is irrelevant because Extra Comfort is not a separate class.
Thank you! It's my first time flying HA so I have NO idea what's normal for them.

That seat upgrade receipt # area is blank. How long does it take to process the EC charges? I'm not sure how long it should take before that processes.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by sperkins921
Thank you! It's my first time flying HA so I have NO idea what's normal for them.

That seat upgrade receipt # area is blank. How long does it take to process the EC charges? I'm not sure how long it should take before that processes.
It should have been immediate, same with the email confirmation. I've never heard of this happening before, but it sounds like an IT glitch. Enjoy your free Extra Comfort!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kumulani
It should have been immediate, same with the email confirmation. I've never heard of this happening before, but it sounds like an IT glitch. Enjoy your free Extra Comfort!
Not free, lol, charge processed this AM. But at least I know it's normal in the future.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by sperkins921
Not free, lol, charge processed this AM. But at least I know it's normal in the future.
Did the seat upgrade receipt # appear? Credit card charges can always be delayed, but to not get an email confirmation or upgrade receipt is what made think there was a glitch.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

It finally filled in around midday. It wasn't there this morning, but I checked around lunch and it had finally filled in. Still no confirmation emails though. I only know this by checking the receipts in my dashboard. But, I'm not as worried now because the charges at least add up correctly. Before, I was worried I'd show up at the airport and they'd deny us boarding or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.