1st Class Inter Island Award Tickets

Old Aug 24, 17, 1:50 pm
Chy
Original Poster

1st Class Inter Island Award Tickets

I'm trying to book KOA-LIH in first. I can access the first class award inventory with AA miles, (or Hawaiian miles) but they don't show up with United or Delta miles. Is there any trick to getting these with United or Delta? They do show up for economy.

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 17, 3:15 pm

no need to get first class unless you're carrying a bunch of luggage with you.

JMO
Old Aug 24, 17, 6:49 pm
Chy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rifleman69 View Post

JMO
Yep, that's why we are doing it. Also, lap infant makes it easier up front.
Old Aug 24, 17, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
If you can't get the tickets in first, you should be able to grab upgrades for $50/ea at check in, but need to check in early.
Old Aug 24, 17, 8:28 pm

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Originally Posted by Rifleman69 View Post
And you desire lounge access...

Originally Posted by WrightHI View Post
If you can't get the tickets in first, you should be able to grab upgrades for $50/ea at check in, but need to check in early.
Like exactly at T-24, and not a moment later.
Old Aug 24, 17, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
Like exactly at T-24, and not a moment later.
True for business-heavy times, but I've seen upgrades offered significantly later on the mid-day flights.

(For those who don't fly Hawaiian regularly, upgrades at check-in are first-come, first-served. Plats are free, Gold is $25, and no status is $50. If you're flying with a bunch of Plats, as is typical at the beginning and end of the work day, upgrades go fast.)
Old Aug 24, 17, 9:32 pm
Chy
Original Poster

All good info, but I'm really interested in why I can't see hawaiian first awards on delta and united with miles but I can with AA?
Old Aug 27, 17, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Chy View Post
All good info, but I'm really interested in why I can't see hawaiian first awards on delta and united with miles but I can with AA?
Since no one has offered an answer to that, I'll hazard a guess: HA has a somewhat closer partnership with AA than UA or DL, and it may be that AA can do first class interisland awards and the others can't. But you'd probably need to call UA and DL to find out for sure, and even then you're as likely to get a made-up answer as a good one.
Old Aug 29, 17, 5:24 pm
Chy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WrightHI View Post
Since no one has offered an answer to that, I'll hazard a guess: HA has a somewhat closer partnership with AA than UA or DL, and it may be that AA can do first class interisland awards and the others can't. But you'd probably need to call UA and DL to find out for sure, and even then you're as likely to get a made-up answer as a good one.
Thanks, yeah I doubt the UA or DL reps are going to know anything. I suppose I could try.

Search this Thread