Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Lounge in Tahiti PPT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Business Lounge in Tahiti PPT

I am flying from PPT to OGG via HNL in November in Business Class.

I have to spend 3-4 hours waiting at PPT and a few hours at HNL.

Does Hawaiian provide access to lounges at either of these locations?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Hawaiian Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by navatwal

I don't believe there is access to a lounge in PPT but there is the Plumeria lounge in Honolulu which is upstairs and has wine, sandwiches, noodles and assorted snacks.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by coconuts
I don't believe there is access to a lounge in PPT but there is the Plumeria lounge in Honolulu which is upstairs and has wine, sandwiches, noodles and assorted snacks.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:12 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The current Air Tahiti Nui Lounge (the only one that appears to be available) in PPT is in rough shape and is occupying a reduced capacity area immediately above the departure gates. It's in rough shape because the area appears to be undergoing a remodel and it's quite cramped at the moment.

There is almost no food available and the only reason to visit is to try the Tahiti DOC wine. I can't speak if you'll have access but you certainly aren't missing anything if you can't get in.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

HA only has lounge access on the Hawaiian Islands.

Originally Posted by coconuts
There is also beer.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:03 am
azj

Originally Posted by 747FC
HA only has lounge access on the Hawaiian Islands.
False. While the Premier Clubs are only in Hawaii and the Plumeria Lounge only in HNL, there is indeed access for Business class passengers at partner lounges for international guests. This is standard industry practice. PPT unfortunately, is not listed, however.

Last edited by azj; Aug 14, 2017 at 11:52 am
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by azj
False. While the Premier Clubs are only in Hawaii and the Plumeria Lounge only in HNL, there is indeed access for Business class passengers at partner lounges. PPT is not listed, however.
I've had lounge access in HND, SYD, and SAN as a business flyer, but sadly there are no NA lounges anymore.

Last edited by 747FC; Aug 14, 2017 at 12:03 pm Reason: Accuracy.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm not sure if you would get access to the Plumeria lounge during your layover. It's supposed to be for international business class passengers only, and I don't know if you'd count as such if you were arriving. Worth a try though. If they don't let you in, you can use the Premier Club downstairs if you're in First for the interisland flight.

Last edited by Kumulani; Jan 10, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

I am due to fly Hawaiian this Saturday from PPT to HNL... flight is at 11;30pm and our domestic flight from Bora Bora lands at 6pm at PPT.

We are planning to go to a nearby hotel to relax and have dinner.

Would it be possible to check-in all or some of our bags with Hawaiian some 5 - 5.5 hours prior to our flight at PPT?

We will need to keep some items with us as we have an infant with us but dont want to be moving back and forth with 5 bags
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I am due to fly Hawaiian this Saturday from PPT to HNL... flight is at 11;30pm and our domestic flight from Bora Bora lands at 6pm at PPT.

Would it be possible to check-in all or some of our bags with Hawaiian some 5 - 5.5 hours prior to our flight at PPT?

We will need to keep some items with us as we have an infant with us but dont want to be moving back and forth with 5 bags
No. HA check-in at PPT opens 3 hours prior to departure.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: HA Platinum, UA Silver

When I was at PPT in March (like you, I was connecting from BOB to HNL) there is a service to store your luggage.
The line was long so we just rented a car and stored our luggage in the trunk.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Car rentals are cheap - good idea to use as luggage storage. The lounge in PPT is avail via PriorityPass et al but it really blows. Some crummy snacks and some poor beverages. I would high-tail it out of there ASAP and come back as late as possible. Maybe even leave, come back when checkin opens and dump bags and then leave again and come back for departure.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Dont count on the Lounge at PPT.. they were refusing people from coming in as it was full.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
HNL is a lovely airport, and Plumeria is probably its most spartan lounge. I'd encourage you to stretch out your legs and check out the garden instead.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If departing HNL for PPT, does the business class ticket here count as “international”? I thought for example some upgrades on this flight was priced like a domestic (I.e. Hawaii to West Coast) because it’s short for say Extra Comfort buy-up, not sure if there’s access to plumeria lounge or premier club.

On the way back, it sounds like HA business class won’t have access to the TN lounge? I do realize both the Plumeria Lounge and TN lounge accept Priority Pass but don’t have much confidence on a confirmed entry since everyone and their dog seems to have one nowadays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.